Hi Bob!

Now that she could have all of those that she wanted, she was much more interested in going back to regular news and more conventional investigations.
Probably bored now, what with her just having to roll over in bed and ask him for an exclusive on the latest kitten rescue.

However, now that she wasn't looking for them, those stories of her husband's exploits seemed to come looking for her.
[…]
“Nothing,” she said. “I thought you would be back sooner.”

“I would have been, but–” Clark looked around to make sure no one was within earshot before continuing. “I'd barely arrived in Metropolis when there was a mugging just down the block. Since I was right there, and already in the suit, I stopped it.”

“Was there anything newsworthy?” Lois asked.
See? Told ya.

“I swear that there's been a big increase in the criminals trying to shoot me since they learned that I'm not as powerful as I used to be.”
[Linked Image] Yeah, should have kept his mouth shut…

“Sure. Dr. Klein was right when he said that any reduction in my overall abilities doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect. I wish there was some way to get that message out.”
DP Headline: Scientist says you have to drop a couple of nuclear bombs on Superman to make a dent.

That should take the wind out of the smalltime crooks and gunslingers.

Clark grimaced at the reminder of his mistake. “That's okay. I should have listened to you when you said that an interview where Superman discussed his new limitations was a bad idea. I should never have made any statement on the matter.”
jawdrop He’s learning!
LOIS: Hit to him over the head at least twice with large boulders and buildings, but it seems he can be trained after all…

Some of the stories of the expression on your face when people start shooting are priceless. Apparently, you have a very telling, 'not again' look of exasperation.”
laugh He really could amend this by superheating the weapons while they’re still holding them. After the first couple of burned hands it should sink in.

“Do you need me to come with you? I'm supposed to cover the city council meetings this afternoon, but I can switch it.”

“No need,” Lois reassured him. “We're meeting in a public place and only for a few minutes.
One Lois Lane hostage crisis coming up…
SUPERMAN: Not again.

The absence of the sound of Lois's heartbeat surprised Clark when he got home at 6:35 in the evening.
Eep!

“Head home and try to relax,” Perry said. “She'll turn up. Probably with a story.”
Or dead. One way or the other, she’ll turn up and there will be a story to print.

“I'm sorry to call you about this, but I'm having trouble finding Lois.”

“Clark, I like you two, but it isn't my job to keep track of your wife.”
Then why did he, on numerous occasions, suggest they fit her with an ankle monitor?

It was as if a hole had opened up in the universe and swallowed her whole.
Huh… /checks part number/ Nah, Bob wouldn’t introduce Tempus at this late a point in the story.

“Do what you can. And try not to worry. Lois can take care of herself better than anyone I've ever met.”
So, she’s sitting in the sewers with Lex, huh?

“We have your wife.” The voice sounded artificial and electronic. The person at the other end was clearly using some kind of voice altering device.
Huh, not Lex. Who’d have thunk.

So, do you understand what we require of you?”
So, they really should set up a permanent wire tap for the police to monitor all calls to the Daily Planet, huh?

They aren't doing this to get Superman to help with some small problem. Whatever this is about, it's big.”
Maybe they want him to catch one of the bigger asteroids and return it safely to Earth. Such a rock could could a fortune in rare earths and minerals.

He heard the same electronically distorted voice that had delivered the original instructions. “Go to the corner of Baxter and Lake. On the southeast corner you will see a yellow newspaper box. Next to the box is a door. Go through the door and wait inside. You will receive further instructions. Bring the phone. You have twenty seconds.” Clark heard the click of the cell phone disconnecting.
Hmm…no riddles, no ‘Simon Says’? That’s a rather poor homage to Die Hard 3, don’t you think?

The map was right where they said. The reason for the map became quickly obvious. The instructions were very detailed and led to a deep, dirty section of the city sewer system.
Oh, they need someone to dig Lex out of the Ark, now that it’s buried underneath LexTower and the entrance has been compromised from that direct hit.

With the chair vibrating it was hard to tell but he seemed to move at least another couple of hundred yards.
I wonder if they ever left the tunnels. They could have set up some elaborate 5D cinema experience for him.

Then he felt a wave of pain that he recognized too well. Kryptonite!
Oh boy.

He knew that voice. He'd just never expected to hear it again. Coming into the chamber was a smiling Lex Luthor.
Color me shocked. [Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.