Hi Vicki!
Clark rejoices over the fact that he wasn’t recognized at his first rescue as Superman, and prepares to give Lois the very first Superman interview.
I just realized, did we ever have a story where Lois was actually less than impressed by Superman’s debut. Mainly thinking of him as yet another guy being a guy and trying to show he is just so ‘super’?

He’d be hounded by every reporter in the world and expected to give them all quotes for their articles.
What if he started to quote fortune cookies, and only fortune cookies?

Reflexively, she sucked in a sharp, surprised breath when she caught sight of him. Unfortunately, a Lo Mein noddle
did it flap around, splashing against her nose?
LOIS: eek

worked its way down her throat in the same moment, and she wound up coughing for a few seconds while she tried to compose herself.
LOIS: Better. I guess…

“I heard you’ve been looking for me,” he replied with a gleam in his eye. Just that morning, Perry had – once again! – lectured his reporters about the importance of being the paper to snag Superman’s first interview.
Oooh, what if Linda King had arrived earlier and Clark had given her the first rescue and interview?

But there are hundreds of other amazing reporters all over the world who could also do your story justice.”
shock You let Clois out to play early, didn’t you? [Linked Image]

“Everything,” she said breathlessly. “But, um, perhaps you’d be more comfortable talking in the conference room? Where it’s a bit more private?”
Private? They kind alone, so…she doesn’t know, does she?

“Okay,” she said after a long minute. “I guess the first question is…how long have you been Superman for, Clark?”
[Linked Image]

“How did I know?” Lois asked, as if to clarify what he’d been trying to say. “It took me about thirty seconds to figure you out in the rocket.” She grinned, as wide and bright as the Cheshire Cat. “Clark, it’s 1993. You’re the only person in all of Metropolis sporting a mullet.”
laugh

That was quite unexpected!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.