Thanks for the comments on this part, everyone! They are so appreciated.

Mike - I always enjoy your comments. Always insightful.

At this time she had been to Smallville once and had a better understanding of what makes Clark tick than all of the discussions she would ever had with Lex.

Yes! She knows Clark in a way that she would never be able to know Lex, because Clark has always been willing to share with her (well, except that one thing wink ) Even though Lex has told her bits and pieces, there's a lot about him that's still a mystery, and probably always will be - Lois realizes that now.

Beautiful contrast in personal styles here. Both this and the last chapter were very nice characterization pieces.

Thank you! What a nice compliment smile

Mouserocks - thank you for commenting! I appreciated this -

The fact that she's treating the whole thing like a science experiment definitely underscores how non-existent her interest is in Lex. The cold, placid Lex kiss made me squirm and make a sick face.

Exactly what I was going for there! And don't worry, I totally made the same face while writing it. At first, I wasn't going to have her kiss him because of the yuck factor... but then I thought, nah, she's Lois Lane - girl would totally do it, lol.

All in all, another great part. I'm excited for the next part! And nervous... What will Lex do next? Will Lois go running straight back to Clark?

/eyes balcony setting warily and wonders if Superman will have to make an appearance after all/

Love your questions! I think they'll be answered in the next part.

SJH -

Lex is a lonely man: Clark has risotto, Lois and sweet kisses, he has turnips, Chef Andre and well, turnips.

Like Kathy, I totally laughed out loud at this comment. Of all the things I thought people might write about this part, that comment had not occurred to me, lol. But I love it!! Yup, Lex and his lonely vegetable life. grin

And thanks for stopping by the fdk thread, Kathy! I thought I laughed hard at SJH's comment, but then I read yours -

I can see it now ... a spin-off series with Lex and his root vegetables. Fan favorite episodes include "The Green Green Glow of Parsnips", "Never On Turnip Day" and "Swear to God, This Time It's Not Rutabagas".

- and just about died laughing. Like, in my kitchen, at my dining room table, laughing like a crazy person. And then there was lesser known, but still-beloved eps "That Old Beet of Mine"and "Carrots, Lies, and Videotape"... eh, we could do this all day lol

Great part! Love how they both can’t stop thinking about those kisses and how Lois is comparing Lex to Clark to the whole evening. Yay to her turning down the proposal. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

Thanks, jackiek! I mean, who wouldn't be thinking of those kisses, right? wink

Morgana, thanks for your comments, too!

Yes Lois, that is the person you will become should you allow Lex to slide his ring on your finger. His all powerful need to be the most important person in the room will cause Lois Lane to be nothing more than a mannequin. Ultimately devoid of anything approaching life giving emotion. Glad the reflection made you shudder, it shook off the last of the blinders.

Glad that her visit with Lex worked for you! That's what I was thinking - I wanted her to really envision what a life with Lex would be like.

Great part! I very much enjoyed seeing Lois slowly realize what her relationship with Lex really is. It always bothered me that she hadn't done that in the show!

Yes, Anna! That always bugged me, too.

So part 5 is next, and it's the last one. Thanks again, guys!

Tracey smile