Like everyone else, I've been swamped in RL. Work has been pretty consistent but several home projects with deadlines have been taking a lot of time. I have a significant commute and I have also devoted a bit of time to running favorite L&C Archive stories through text to speech so there is something engaging to listen to while driving.

I've never been very good at keeping multiple story lines separate unless they are from completely separate canons so I tend to read more completes stories than WIPs. Complete stories or stories from the Archive tend to get my comments as a result. Hopefully I will be able to get back to that as RL simmers down.

I've also noticed that the non-story related parts of the board have been really quiet. (General Discussion, Fanfic Challenge and Fanfic Related)

I still prefer our stories to those in the television show because of their depth and creativity. When I first came across the site the stories were good but it was the "community" aspect of these areas that drew me in most and made me want to participate. I realize how important feedback is to writers-and I have learned from the feedback as well- but those areas are still the first things I check when I load the site.

Several people have mentioned that this site is as close as they come to social media and I am one. I couldn't pick any of you out of a crowd but I enjoy your company.

Shallowford