Cryoburn by Lois McMaster Bujold.
Lord Imperial Auditor Miles Vorkosigan leaves Barrayar to go to the planet Kibou-daini to investigate a corporate scam, leading to a merry chase involving terrorists, cryopreserved people slumbering in their coffins, and much derring-do. Major events at the very end of the book.

Thief of Hearts by Teresa Medeiros
Regency romance, but too fluffy even for me, a long-time romance reader.

Pines by Blake Crouch.
Secret Service Agent Ethan (forgot his last name) wakes up with no recent memory, no wallet, no phone, no identification in the small town of Pines, Idaho. Why do the local law enforcement seem curiously unwilling to help him? Why can't he leave the town? What about finding the federal agent he was looking for, an agent found dead in a ramshackle house on the edge of town? Very mysterious, with an out-of-the-box ending.

Sword Sworn by Jennifer Roberson.
I was hampered by the fact that this book seems to be about #7 in a series and I had not read the previous six. There was a lot of referring to events in previous books, although the author did make sure one could follow along. It's labeled "The Final Adventure of Tiger and Del", the Southern sword dancer and the Northern Sword Singer. OK but not great.

Deadly Decisions by Kathy Reichs.
Third in the "Bones" series about Temperance Brennan, forensic anthropologist practicing in both North Carolina and Quebec. Tempe has to deal with biker gangs, drive-by shootings, and deaths of children. So far I have liked this series and intend to read more.