I just spent 2+ hours at the local thrift shop shifting through Halloween costumes to find all the parts to make up a Hogwarts Girl Student costume (and buy Luke Skywalker a belt, plus a black Batman cape to add to his Darth Vader costume). My daughter doesn't know if she wants to be Hermione or Moaning Myrtle. It's always good to have options. wink My son is going as Luke Skywalker, since he has the hair, but he prefers Darth Vader (and already has that costume, including mask). We're still looking for a blaster type weapon. We'll be building a lightsaber from a flashlight and tissue paper (this hasn't been tried yet, so we're hoping it will work).

Originally Posted by Christina
I'm debating whether it's kosher (as the saying goes) to reuse the bear costume I had from Warren's first Halloween.
You mean for your new son? If so, then you might want to make sure that it's obvious in the photos which child or Halloween it is. I know this isn't as much of a problem nowadays with digital photography (which dates everything), but having looked through a box of my own baby pictures recently, I kept seeing photos going "I don't think that's me. I think that's my sister." You might think about adding something different to the costume (a different colored bow tie or vest) to make it more original and distinctive. Being a younger sibling, I can speak from experience. It's always nicer to be unique than wear a hand-me-down. For a first Halloween (and maybe even second) when they don't know it isn't unique, I think you can get away with it, though.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.