Originally Posted by Christina
Didn't expect the Pact to be on but I'm squeeing a little about it right now.
Tee Hee. I don't think anyone will have expected it so early on. In fact, I'll let you in on a little secret...

When I wrote this scene ... I didn't expect the Pact to be on, either. I was going to have Lois set Clark up on as many dates as possible. But this scene/date got away from my control and Lois started acting 'Lois' like and all of a sudden ...

So, the story starts to go in a different direction from now on, and it's all the characters' fault, not the writer's. grin

Plus, how could Lois continue to set up dates without Clark realising now. And Clark wouldn't agree to the dates because he's decided that he DOES want to marry Lois.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Yea! The date has finally happened! party
grin

Oh, Clark. You and your big mouth. Why do you always insist on opening it? /shakes head/ You DON'T want Lois this way, do you? Accepting you as a challenge? mecry
CLARK and his big mouth!!! People are usually groaning at Lois and her big mouth. Well, yes he kind of challenged her, but didn't expect Lois' reaction. He just expected that they'd finally talk about it.

At least, I know that they will figure out that there's love involved before the end, but a part of me hopes that Clark tells Lois that he doesn't want to be engaged like this. She just took the opportunity to propose away from him. It sounds like he needs to talk to Martha and Jonathan and get slapped upside the head.
You want Clark to propose? Virginia, there's nine more parts (plus epilogue) yet. You have no idea what is to come yet. peep

Originally Posted by DebbieG
I like how Lois unilaterally decides they're engaged. laugh
lol Yes. She's like that.
I wasn't expecting the story to take this direction, but it was a nice surprise! I'm sure there are plenty of bumps ahead. Fasten your seatbelts.
Soooooo many bumps still to come!

Originally Posted by Mike M
Oh for sure on the bumps. I suspect most of them to be fairly hysterical.
You've no idea! Re-reading this as I'm getting it ready for posting I keep thinking (as I did when I wrote it 1st time round, years ago) 'this is not funny, it's supposed to be funny, no one is going to laugh'. But people do. Somehow, it is a comedy, and people do laugh. It surprises me.

On the unilateral engagement, I think Clark should buy her a ring and make her wear it since she has decided that they are engaged whistle .

Mike
Well ... *whistles*

Actually, Clark would never force her to do anything. He's far too gentle and kind and understanding. But it would be a funny way to get his revenge!!!!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."