Delightful part. Great fun.

Ms. Frye regarded them for a while. “No. No, she’s been a very good student.” She smiled at Kara, then grew serious again.

“Very well, we’ll try letting things be for a while. But if things get out of hand then we’ll have to decide on a new plan.” She tilted her head and raised an eyebrow.

Emily blushed slightly. “Fair enough.”
I've only just started when I got hung up on the above.

No not fair enough. Emily should reply,

"and before we do discuss a new plan please consult with the school district's legal counsel"

Ms. Frye: "Excuse me?"

Emily: "I think it is very important that before any such discussion you have a clear idea on the limits imposed on the school district by the law. Don't you agree?"

Ms. Frye: "I don't see your point"

Emily: "Exactly my point, this entire discussion assumes you can take certain actions against Kara, not because of any violation of school policies or laws but as a response to the actions of others. I believe it is in the school district's best interest for you to consult with legal counsel "
================

Moving onward;

The kidnapping of Emily gives the police a clear reason to provide protection, regardless of Kara being Supergirl.

Time to get some doubles for Kara for a press conference and time for the local police to begin some serious confrontation with the visiting media.

Framework4