Rachel, I was doing no such thing... it's a general observation on typical fan behavior. I've seen story parts sit there for hours, then someone starts a comments thread, and within 45 minutes they've got five comments. Y'know? Hitting "add reply" doesn't seem as difficult a task as "new topic." Not at all logical, but there we are. smile

Carol -- yeah, within the last few years I've become a big believer in dialog. If introspection can be converted (which of course sometimes it can't) then I'll seriously look at rewriting it as mostly dialog.

Maria, if you want to know what happened on NK, go back and re-read Hearts Divided <g>

Just when we're all settling in for a nice, WAFFy account of Lois and Kal's happy ever after, you have to hit us with a double punch, don't you?
Yep. smile

Beware of red herrings. There are a few.

What do you guys think of post length, btw? I'm planning to post sections that are more or less this size, every other day -- I could make them longer but then I'd post less frequently.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K