Oh my gosh, JOE!!! [Linked Image] Did someone start a "shock the daylights out of your readers" challenge this weekend and I missed it?

First of all, I'm a little surprised Tom even picked Joe for this little "mission." Sure, he's been yukkin' it up with the rest of them, but he hadn't struck me as being as cruel as Tom and his buddies. Kind of curious about that backstory.

And then, OMG, I can't believe Bill killed Joe. I'm actually a little unclear on the "how" still, with your description, but then, that's okay, somehow I don't think I really WANT to know the exact mechanics. [Linked Image]

What a terrifying situation for our young teenagers. With that kind of price on their heads, even Clark is going to have a hard time keeping them under the radar. I'm sure he's made plenty of enemies on the streets who would just LOVE to turn him over to Intergang - $100 grand and they get rid of the neighborhood pest? Sounds like a good deal. [Linked Image]

I'm hoping Lois thinks to go to the Daily Planet for help and runs into Perry. It's their (Ralph's) fault they're in so much trouble at the moment, AND this is a pretty juicy lead into the local organized crime.

Oh, wait, Perry was friends with Bill Church... [Linked Image] darn it! Well, still, the Daily Planet's gotta be their best shot if they can't go to the police.

Man, the more I think about this, the more worried I am about these kids. I mean, Clark's powers can help some, but only so far until he has to make the choice between public discovery or leaving Metropolis behind completely. Lois already has enough to start asking a lot of questions once she's past the shock of the night.

I hope you post the next chapter before I chew off all my fingernails!