Since a number of people have expressed interest in this story, I thought I'd link to the TOC . [Edit -- opps, I see Jenni already had this link blush Oh well <g> ] The TOC is on our boards, but it took years for her to finish this, and the first 35 parts are on Zoomway's boards. After that she started double-posting and I linked to the ones here. (Laurach started the TOC, but then I kind of took over, and at the end, LabRat helped.)

Also, some of the later chapters have nfic versions, and there are links to those in the TOC; you'll need nfic access to view them.

I've been a huge fan of this story since it started, and a few years back I decided I wanted to compile my own copy of it, so I went back and started copying & pasting from all the posts. The end result is, I now have a complete (PG) version of the file -- it's 1.4MG as a Word document, not much less in text -- and I'm willing to email it to anyone who asks. smile (chiefpam@nc.rr.com) Just be aware that it's not been GE'd!

As it was posted in parts, L tended to use the end of a post as the end of a scene, and start the next post with a new scene. Since they were different posts, she didn't bother with **** although there were some [tbc]'s. When I went back and originally put the file together, I was in a hurry and took out a lot of [tbc]'s without putting any *** in place of them. So... sometimes the scene will shift with no warning. I've tried to go back and fix it, but it's too huge of a file <g> (400-something pages on my screen).

Also, I put some bookmarks in so I could jump to my favorite spots -- that may be handy for anyone who's re-reading. The names of the bookmarks would be spoilers, though, so if this is your first time through the story, you really shouldn't peek. This story isn't about the destination so much as it is about the long, strange trip. wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K