Well, congratulations on having a story to submit, Mad Dog! smile

The Archive's General Editors aren't beta readers, no. Unfortunately at the current time, the Archive just doesn't have the time or resources to offer a beta reading service to authors. Although, increasingly, we are finding that General Editors are acting more and more as beta readers as new authors are unable to find volunteers to beta their work before submitting it to the Archive. frown Really, they're only there to provide a 'final polish' to a story though.

We do ask that you try to make sure that your story is as 'clean' as possible when you submit it. That means that you've run it through a spellchecker to get rid of most typos, and that it's at least got the basics in grammar and punctuation. It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but we - and our GEs! - appreciate any aid to reduce their work! <g>

Once you have your final version of the story, send it to me at the eddress below. WORD is fine - it won't take more than a few seconds for me to convert it before assigning it out to a GE.

One thing you can do to help and save me time is to ensure that the required story header is complete in the story file when you send it. The Submission FAQ will show you what is needed there. But if you have any questions just holler. smile

LabRat smile
Editor-in-Chief
The Lois and Clark Fanfic Archive
labrat@blueyonder.co.uk

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers