That was a great video, Mouse! thumbsup

I liked your interviews and how people got started in writing/reading fanfiction. Very enlightening. I feel like even more of a newbie, because I didn't start reading fanfiction until 2010, when I stumbled upon the Archives, when looking for something on LnC online because I'd watched all 4 seasons through in two months (twice) and I needed MORE. MLT's excellent Time Traveler\'s Wife made me realize how good fanfiction could be (so blame her, not me if I drive any of you nuts on a regular basis. wink Just kidding. I know that's my fault. laugh )

I, personally, don't outline... until my current WIP. And I NEEDED to because of bouncing between time and space (dimensions), but I'm only using it as a general guideline. In the case of ML, I didn't want to write *another* ten chapters to get to the end (trust me, I could have), so I did write out all those dangling threads that needed to be tied up by the last chapter to make sure I didn't forget anything. Usually, I tell my characters either where they will start or where they will end and let them go. GEM started out as writing experiment/test to see if I could write a longer short to mid-length story (failed that one - big time :rolleyes: ), a romantic comedy (did okay there), and take the characters out of their comfort zones (their usual backstory -- familiar careers) and drop them somewhere else and see if they would still work (strangely, they did).

Like everyone else, I'm an FDK junkie (if you couldn't tell), but know I have a tendancy to scare people (readers) away with the topics I choose (my current WIP will be no exception to that rule).

Okay, I'm babbling. See, reading all those interviews and I'm adding in my 2 cents worth. Sorry.

Great job, Mouserocks! Throughly enjoyed your video and interviews. I'll shut up now. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.