some number that keeps changing, huh, CC? Keep adding on, make this story longer, I don't mind... smile

OK, I've just read this quickly, so I need to read it at least twice more, slowly, savoring it all.

But I loved it. Every single word. Clark silently recognizing the pull that Lois has on Silas. Hank and Elise. Petal being so excited about meeting Tempus.

*And* the whole bit with the Departure Room. The fact that Clark knew instantly how Lois would react, and just barely made a move before she did. Clark's knowledge that his reactions to the thought of his future with Lois are very different from hers. And this:

“A happy life,” Clark repeated aloud, not really meaning to. He looked over at the woman next to him, at the hand folded in his. He had no memory of reaching for it, though he must have. Their hands looked right together, felt right together, intertwined as they were.
Beautiful.

But surely Clark has to realize that somehow they'll have to find their way back. Otherwise, how could these past 200 years even be chronicled, if they never lived them in the first place? Of course, he doesn't know about the falling lifelines, and the fact that maybe everything will just wink out...

Awesome... notworthy notworthy

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5