And Carole, I talked to her today,
Realy! great, and good move, take a lot of courage to do so. Way to go!!!

and they just got serious.
Oh...maybe I misunderstood.

She's supposedly going on a date with him this week. She says it's not a date though.
huh? it's a date but not a date? What does she means by that? and supposedly? Not that I think she's the kind of girl to do that, but you sure she's not making that up (on the other hand, what the use of making that up)?

I mean, in her place (maybe a little empathy couldn't hurt) either :

- I like the guy (and more if I'm considering dating him) and so, obviously, it's a date.

- Or I like him and wants to give dating a try to see if we could be more than friends...let's call it an 'almost date'. If I don't like it, then it's over, end of the story.

- I don't like the guy, but give it a try anyway, who knows, I might be wrong about him. As my first impression is generally the good one, it's not a thing I would normally do...after all, I'm not *that* depressed. so I'll jump directly to the last one...

- I don't like the guy and I dump him (either in a harsh or diplomatic way) and it's definitely not a date. wink

But it's just my opinion, not a universal date recipee, which brings me to the next questions:

Do you know the guy?

Does she love him or not?

After all, you too are good friends, and it's a question I would ask my good friends (guys or girls) if they were in the same situation. But I realise there's one answer you might not wanna hear...that's the risk.

Okay, okay, I was just thinking aloud here.

What do I do now?
Apart from having me telling you once again I'm *definitely* not the right person to ask, that is? smile well huh I'm as clueless and confused as you are.

I guess, in the end, she's the one who'll make the final choice, after all, it's her life too, and you can't live it for her. But how can she choose you if she doesn't even know you're interested? Then, there are still her 'personnal issues' to take into consideration, am I right? So I guess,

Be there for her, as a friend. Which doesn't exclude to let her know you care about her (the way a brother could, if you don't want to involve 'more than friendship feelings).

Not good, I'm aware of that, but as I don't know what her personnal issues are, I can't really tell you more right now. Hope this helped a bit though.

Carole

PS: Haut les coeurs!