This was a pretty good season opener.

For once, we got to see Lois have to save Superman when she had to remove the Kryptonite bullet. If Lois saving Superman had been something that they’d done frequently, I don’t think it would have worked. He is, after all, the superhero, and I think it would have been a bad idea to have more episodes where she’d saved him from something. However, I think the way that they handled Lois saving Superman here worked really well.

Last season, we saw Dean Cain playing a dual role in “Vatman,” so I was glad that they gave Teri Hatcher a chance to do the same thing in this episode. I always enjoy seeing actors get to play two different roles on the same show because it gives them a chance to stretch their acting talents. In my opinion, Teri Hatcher did a good job playing Lois’ double.

Arianna Carlin was a pretty good villain to use for the season premiere. She was a good way to link Lex Luthor to the story without actually using Lex. It would have been nice had we seen her take a second shot at revenge against Lois and Superman at some point.

I like that they hinted at Lex’s eventual reappearance instead of immediately bringing him back. Since he is Superman’s most famous enemy, I’m sure some longtime Superman fans might have been upset over the thought of Lex already being dead at the end of the first season, so this episode did a good job at showing us that Lex would still be around even if he wasn’t a series regular.