I finished reading this on the archive this morning, too, since someone hadn't posted it here yet. *glare*

The familiar voice jerked Lois out of her thoughts. Startled, she looked around her, acknowledging as she did so that she’d been walking along barely paying any attention to where she was going.

Darth Vader leaned casually against the corner of a building just ahead of her.
Good boy! *pets Clark* I'm soo glad to see you aren't being a lunkhead, and went after her as Vader. And it leads into such a lovely conversation. *sigh*

It was time, he’d decided. He’d revealed himself to her in one disguise, and she hadn’t torn him limb from limb. It was definitely time that he trusted her with his other disguise.
And not only do we get one unmasking, but two! I just love Lois' reaction to it, too. And such a lovely ending. *happy sigh*

Brava! clap Wonderful, Wendy, absolutely wonderful.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited