I have waited this story to continue. It is very interesting premise. Clark, Lois and Jon's feelings are described convincingly.

Yet, I have difficulties to stomach this:

“Jon is in the same class with, how many? Fifteen, twenty children? He talks to his friends every day, he sees their families through their eyes and he compares them to his. And he gets hurt about it. He finds his family ruined.”

“We’re not ruined!”

“Yes, we are. Maybe from your point of view we aren’t, but Jon looks at it more closely. Dad and Mom live separately. They keep fighting. They don’t love each other. That’s it.”
I understand that Jon is hurt because his parents fight all the time, but where can one nowadays find a kindergarten where there aren't many children whose parents are divorced and where all the rest apparently happy families? There are many divorced parents who don't fight and many married parents who fight (and not necessarily only with words).

I don't believe that a child compares his family with that of his friends. On the contrary, a child finds his family "normal" whatever it is (like Lois did).

Secondly, I think it is too easy a solution if Lois and Clark remarry. Lois has serious problems with raising a child (she can't keep her temper, she doesn't know how to talk to a child, she doesn't even understand his needs and feelings) and she clearly needs to se Dr Friskin reagularly. Also, Clark haven't made Lois's task easier: evidently, Clark has taken all the "fun" parts, leaving Lois the "work".

I think it would be a good solution that Jon would live with Clark f.ex. six months and Lois could "play" with him two hours a day. Superman could have a vacation.

After that, Clark and Lois could start to date and have family therapy. If they remarry now, I don't think they will stop fighting.

Gabriele