Hurray, a new gficced Labrat special! goofy
But, for goodness sake, there had to be *something* wrong with him.
Oh, there's plenty wrong with him, Lois. The word "lunkhead" springs instantly to mind.
how could anyone who still kept his favorite Snoopy blankie in the top drawer of his bureau be anything but a great big softie?
And Lois knows this how? goofy this one had me almost on my feet, cheering. YES! Yes, Lois, it's blind infatuation, and hurray for Clark for pointing this out to her! 'Course, Lois didn't take it too well, but you can't have everything.
"I mean, think about it - Superman, married, taking out the trash, changing diapers...it's...it's laughable really."

<Yeah...laughable....> Clark thought dismally. And Superman was a fool if he believed that he could get that simple wish come true.
Ow, ow, ow. Lois didn't mean it that way, but Clark sure understood it that way. And poor Clark. Poor Superman. Good thing they're one and the same, eh?

I think I'd better stop quoting, or I'm going to end up with half the fic here! Suffice it to say that I loved the conversation and all those little sharp, biting truths. Loved it when Lois had that little epiphany (not sure which one you meant for the title!) that she had the power to hurt Clark, too. And the ending was thoroughly satisfying. Gotta love Martha! laugh Mind you, I'm less than thrilled with the whole stupid "Clark waiting is a bigger revelation than CK=S" thing, but it's canon and I complained about that in Lonesome, too, so I'll just drop it. smile

There were a few phrases here and there that went over my personal PG-13 threshold, but I'll trust the archive GEs and their judgment for that.

Very small edit: "where you weren't like to be interrupted." Likely, I think?

One other thing I want to mention: Clark refers to Claude as "Rochert," and you expect the reader to know that Rochert is Claude. But aside from those of us who remember the name from Burnout, a few readers might be jerked out of the story by wondering who "Rochert" might be, before discovering for themselves a few sentences down. Perhaps you could reference his last name before that conversation? Just a suggestion.

All in all, though... happy sigh. A Labrat fic, and one that I don't have to indefinitely postpone (like Masques, cough cough) because of its length. What more could we want?

...Oh, yeah, I know! MORE!

Hazel, who had to edit out any number of emoticons :rolleyes:

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827