Wow! Even after my long hiatus, you guys are still here! Thank you! laugh

Janet, sorry that you hadn't realised I was posting again! But thank you very much for your wonderful comments, and for the very flattering comparison to Damaged and R&R - not at all deserved, but very much appreciated! blush

Again, this scene owes much to Yvonne's very helpful beta-reading. Without her suggestions, I know it would have been much poorer. I'm so glad that you liked it and that you feel we're making progress!

Sara, I love your quotes and emoticons. Thank you for showing me your reaction to particular bits!

Glad you liked the kiss, José!

Pam, thanks for still being here and for the encouragement. Yes, Clark's a lunkhead, but he's had good reason for being one. wink

Laura, Rac, glad you liked the advancement of the B-plot!

Yes, Maria, finally - it's taken a long time, but he's getting there at last. wink

Julie, you want Lois to hit Clark? wink Glad you liked it!

Liz, smoochies!! Haven't heard anyone yell at me for those for a long time! goofy

Aww! Thank you, Tricia! And blush

Melisa, thank you - and you won't have to wait too long. smile

Tank, Tank, Tank...

Well, problem solved.

Story is done, I guess.

Next?
You mean you're happy for Lex Luthor to be at large still, and for Nigel St John to have instructions to ensure that Clark ends up in hospital? Not to mention the Planet being bugged... goofy ). I love that you think I've done a good job of showing Clark as the victim of torture who didn't realise how deep the effects were buried. And this, too:

It's pretty cool, too, the way you portrayed Clark as knowing instinctively exactly where the point between "ok" and "could hurt someone" is. Exploring the issue of control as it relates to Clark's powers is often brushed over-- not always, of course, but we find ourselves "what if"-ing the invulnerablity issue. He does sometimes crunch the phone or shred a blanket-- yet even while asleep, deep in the remembered panic of the encounter with Trask, Clark's control was constant.
Thank you!!

Okay, Part 23 will be posted either in the next 20 minutes or, if I don't have time before I go out, later this evening.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*