Hi,

Great part. hyper He did it.

Perry moved past Lois and Clark into the centre of the room. Glanced around with interest at his old stomping ground. “Sorry to do this to you, son,” he told the editor, “but the suits upstairs have decided you’re not shaping up the way they’d hoped.” He shrugged. “The official letter and everything will along soon, I’m sure, but in the meantime, I couldn’t resist a quick visit to check things out.”

He took another lingering glance around the room, then turned back to address Clark. “Now, I may be an old sentimental softie, but I won’t tolerate any monkey business around here,” he said sternly. “I expect you to be here on time, sober, and ready for work whenever your Superman duties permit, you hear?”

Clark blinked like a startled rabbit. “Uh, yes. Sure.”

Lois got a puzzled look from Clark, and in turn, she eyed Perry warily. “Does this mean...” she began tentatively.

“...what I think it means?” finished Clark.

Perry grinned. “Just call me Chief.”
Perry is back! hyper

hyper I see Lois with full-time job.

confused Where is James Olson?

He gave a one-shouldered shrug. “I don’t know...I just seem able to do better when you’re around. I mean, look at what happened at the warehouse. I was beginning to get high on the red k until you came along and told me to fight it.” He smiled. “Then today, you started defending my corner in the editor’s office, so I did, too. You’re my one-woman coach.”

She laughed. “Well, it works both ways, you know.”

”It does?”
"one-woman coach" cute. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF