So this way, both Lois and Clark were committed and devoted to each other only throughout their lives... when suddenly Lex comes into play [Grumble] [Grumble] [Grumble] (why the hell do I think of A-Plots when I don't like them myself?) and then *Superman* is needed, so Lois sort of comes up with this brilliant idea for her *husband* to help people... and then Lex sort of gets attracted to Lois (hell, CG! Why the hell did you think of this?) and tries his best to capture her heart? Lois believes him at first but then she believes Superman more, doesn't she?
To be honest, I don't see Lex having any chance no matter how subversive he would work if LnC were happily married for ten years, had a kid and invented Superman together. If he were to make any approach, Lois could either not notice, just Clark. In that case, it would be a question of trust. Whom does she trust more, Clark not just being a jealous jerk or the rich philanthropist offering her help in what regard again? Or if she noticed any advances after the first no thanks, she would immediately place Luthor into the bad guy drawer, to be put under the Lane microscope.

So what would be the conflict scenario prior to Lex?
Originally posted by Darth_Michael:
*) But what if Lois really were to be galactically stupid and not blinded by love? She doesn't know. And she doesn't recognize him for two years. But he still comes up with lame excuses. And since her body would still know her husband, she would be drawn to Superman, perhaps being torn apart by guilt and lust and anger at Clark for lame excuses. Which would allow for his lame excuses to go somewhat unchallenged. Well, as much as they did in on the Show. It would also explain why Luthor thinks he can push his way in.
*Looks around* So, the Lois not knowing idea is completely outside the box for this?

Any other ideas, except them not happily married despite their soul-mate bond for monetary and job-stress reasons? Because these reasons don't seem like LnC too me.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.