I dabble in other fanfic -- mostly Stargate, and I used to follow Farscape. Every once in a while I'll check to see if there's new fic for Scarecrow & Mrs. King. I've also read a few Xena fics, and once a ST:V fic. I've read some of Wendy's Whofics, but haven't branched out to the fandom in general. In book fandom, I've read a few things set in Lois McMaster Bujold's Barrayar universe. Probably a few others I can't remember at the moment, too. But most of those, as you may have guessed, I just look at for a little while and then lose interest in for weeks, months, years at a time. The only exception was about 15 years ago, when I was addicted to Blake's 7 fanzines. smile But I haven't looked at those in ages. L&C is the only fandom I'll check on a regular basis -- even if I don't usually have time to read anything, I want to know what's there.

As for re-reading -- well, of course! For one thing, I tend to read a little too quickly, first time through, and there are some details I only notice on the second or third time through. I don't even count a LMB novel as read until I've gone through it at *least* three times. Plus, if I enjoyed it the first time, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it again.

Sometimes I want to revisit a particular story, and sometimes I just have a craving for a certain emotion. I *might* be able to find something new that suits my fancy, but going back to favorites is a sure bet. Though I'll admit that most of the time, I skip the first third or so of the story and then re-read the good parts laugh I know the problem set-up, after all; what I want to read about (experience) is the resolution.

Some of the fanfic on my hard drive, I've converted to Word files and put book-marks into. If I want to re-read the elevator scene in Home II, for instance, I open up the file, and then go to that book mark, and there I am smile Saves scrolling wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K