Okay, this is a loaded question, I'm afraid, but one I hope can be answered.

If Superman could count all the stars in the sky (in the Kansas night sky), how many would he find and how long would it take him?

I've looked up a little bit of information on this, so I'm not totally in the dark... wow... bad pun, but it was unintentional and funny, so I'm leaving it. laugh

There are many different numbers as to the total of stars in the sky - in the billions and trillions - but as for those visible to the naked eye, it's apparently around the thousands. Some say 6000, while others say 8000, but those numbers are futher divided by what hemispere you're in and how bright (or dark, rather) the moon is. This number seems shockingly low. eek Now, the scientists and others on several websites say "visible to the naked (human) eye."

So... since Superman has telescopic vision, he'd obviously see more, but *how* many? And really, how long would it take to count them? Shoot, I might as well ask too, how long to count -- superspeed and normal speed? You know... to cover all my bases. laugh

Sara (who hopes all of that wasn't as confusing as she thinks wink )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.