I'm hoping I can tap into the expertise here to fill in the blanks on a story I'm working on. One of my male characters is considering proposing to his girlfriend. And he's dreaming and fantasizing about what it might be like to be married to her. Seeing as I'm not a man, I have no idea what sorts of things a man might fantasize about when it comes to thinking about and anticipating being married - not just living together, but actually in a legal, loving, life-long (we hope) marriage relationship. I'm wanting to bet that physical intimacy plays a big role, but I'm sure there are other things that us ladies wouldn't expect, and I can use all sorts of ideas...

Guys, can you give me some ideas from your own experience? If you are married, tell me what you used to think about before you got married. If you aren't married, well, current thoughts will do smile Ladies, might you talk to your husband, boyfriend, brother, or any other male friend you might talk to, and let me know what he says?

You can post your answer to the boards, if it's okay with the forum moderators, but please do write me privately too - I don't always have the time to check back here every day, but I do check my email every day!

Thanks for your help smile

Melisma (going back into hiding here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda