Wendy, this was quick! I was fearing for a long pause between your posts! I'm so overjoyed that I read this part more carefully than always and, as always, I'm in owe about your writing skill!

...since she hadn't taken the time to check whether there was anyone else in the restroom."
Well, nor she has mentioned his name neither she has said something too compromising...

Lex gave her what even she had to admit was a charming smile. It made her skin crawl.
The old Lois'd fall for this smile, but not YOUR Lois! Ahhh, I like THIS not-galactically-stupid Lois!

And, as far as she knew, Clark had no interest in her in that way
Sigh. Okay, just a little stupid, but this Clark is so trapped in his fears and so.. stiff that it's not so difficult understand her incorrected perception of his feelings!

He wasn't looking at her now, instead seeming to be staring out the window. With Clark, who knew what that meant. He could simply be watching passing traffic- or he could be listening to or seeing something no one else colud possibly be aware of. And it could be important - or it could be completely trivial
LOL! clap clap clap

Simona smile