Originally posted by John Lambert:
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
[b]
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
[b]How did the comics writers resolve this issue?
Somehow he acquired a time machine. I'll have to go back and read it to remember the details.

He had to make sure to shave and cut his hair and fingernails before he went home because he had no way to do so with his invulnerability. His hair and nails didn't grow when he had his powers. I guess before that he had been stuck with whatever haircut Lara had given him on Krypton before she sent him to Earth. huh [/b]
In silver age was Clark immediately invulnerable, or did it build up over time. If the later he was stuck with whatever haircut Martha gave him at 9 or whenever. [/b]
If I remember correctly, he had his powers immediately as soon as he arrived (a la "Superman: the movie"). I also recall somewhere hearing that his hair never grew. I think this is one way the Byrne-boot was a better explanation. No powers on arrival.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)