Originally posted by Shallowford:
I've got another scenario. What if Clark had multiple personalities. One was Clark, one was Superman. And he didn't know he was both men. It would be like twins only in the same body. And of course Lois didn't know they were the same man either.
There is a story with this premise. IIRC Lois discovers that sleepwalking Clark=Superman and then has to convince him that he is ala Nightfall. Good story but I don’t have the name at hand.
Two Faces of Clark is one. There's another where he was adopted by the Lanes, but I don't recall the title. I was even planning to write something like this myself, but never got around to it. XD Ah well.

Going back to the original theme—what if it was Alt-Clark that almost-started-out as Clark’s twin? Suppose Tempus decides to dump Alt-Clark in Kansas right after Clark’s ship landed. Tempus gets a Clark-free zone and the Kents would find two babies, one in a spaceship built-for-one and another identical in every way outside the ship. Clark could be explained by the Cold War experiment/alien theory, but there wouldn’t be any reasonable explanation for Alt-Clark until Martha read about cloning in the late ‘70’s.
Hm, I don't think Alt-Clark needs to be a "clone"; maybe there's just two alien babies who grow up to start fighting over Lois Lane. :3

"Superman? What are you---are those orchids?"

"Lois, ignore those roses that my bro--I mean---I...brought you yesterday. These are much more rare and beautiful, like you are! <3"

"Um, okay, thanks. I'll put them over here next to all the diamond jewelry you brought me this morning."

"He---I brought you *what*?!!!"

laugh

~•~