“You were hoping that Superman would find out and change his mind. You wanted him to come to you and tell you that he was wrong to turn you down. You wanted him to beg you to break your engagement and be with him instead. Isn’t that it?”
I *so* love this explanation! Although I should yell at you because you just gave me another fanfic idea, and considering the number of unfinished WIPs on my hard drive, you should be ashamed of yourself. wink

"If only you'd kissed me that day in the park... then I might have known how I felt."
And this is one of my very favourite lines. So true!! mecry

Then, slowly, giving her plenty of time to pull away, Clark raised his hand to cup her face. Holding her lightly, he swayed towards her, and then their lips met.
Yes!!!!!!!!!

With a sound which was almost a sigh of relief, Lois slid her hands into his hair and kissed him back, her lips parting as she instinctively deepened the embrace.
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He took a deep breath. “Under the circumstances... that you’d already turned me down as an ‘ordinary man’, Lois.”
And what a great way for Clark to reveal his secret identity. Another one of my favourite lines, that one. smile

She reached up to kiss him quickly before answering. “You did? See what?” She knew what he meant, but wanted him to tell her once more the way he felt about her.

“The way that we belong, Lois.” He touched his forehead to hers. “The way I’ve felt we’ve belonged since the day I first saw you.”
Awwwww! That was so beautiful, Wendy! Thanks so much for writing a story that includes angst, waffs and wonderful insights about the characters, all nicely wrapped in your emotional style. Thanks for the wonderful present! sloppy

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~