Michael,

I love this story! thumbsup

Finally, Part 1 ends at just the right place. We see how fortunate Clark is to have been raised by Jonathan and Martha.
They provided the perfect balance of patience, encouragement, and moral guidance. The boy’s nature provided the rest.
And, of course, Clark's entrance into the room in his red, blue, and yellow suit.

MORE!!!!

By the way, although the first episodes of Lois & Clark were excellent, and I really did like the "Lois' suggestion to bring a change of clothes leads Clark to invent Superman" idea, I was always bothered by the fact that Clark stepped off the bus wearing glasses. If there was no Superman, why was Clark wearing glasses? (Yes, I know many fanfics have attempted to explain that, but it always bothered me.) What is the point of this long-winded paragraph? Just that I have no problem with Clark becoming Superman before he gets to Metropolis. (I'm assuming from Jose's comment that this is what happened in the comics, but I've never read a Superman comic book, so I don't know.)

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster