Oh, A-K, you give me chillbumps on my heart.

Since I can't write WAFFy stuff like this without it coming out like purple pancake syrup, I can't tell what concerned your betas. As far as I can tell, it was better than Beauty and the Beast and Shrek combined (of course, Shrek was a bent retelling of BatB with even more angst). I understand Clark's certainty that Lois would never love him for who he was, yet I also understand his quick acceptance of her confession.

Lois' declaration of love and her explanation not only made perfect sense, it dovetailed perfectly with her actions and her words, right down to her hesitancy and expressed fear that he wouldn't believe her. If she had planned for a month to storm that particular castle, she couldn't have done it any more efficiently than she did. She didn't even need a Holocaust cloak, although a wheelbarrow would have come in handy when Clark was so weak.

Wonderful story. Wonderful romantic tale, even with all the action and Luthor's betrayal and murderous intentions and everything but a maniacal cackle. And I loved it that Lois came up with a way to save Clark. She perjured herself, surrendered a big piece of her own heart for truth and justice in order to protect the man she really loved. Then she convinced him to follow her lead without trying to leverage him using their possible romantic relationship. Again, the ideal way to convince Clark that she was utterly sincere.

I'm certain there's a Kerth nomination coming your way next year. You certainly deserve it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing