Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Lois & Clark Fanfic Jump to new posts
Re: FDK: Falling For a Farm Boy (7/16) Female Hawk 06/10/24 11:19 PM
Thanks to Mike M, Bakasi, and Songbird for the feedback. I felt this chapter was a little bit 'more of the same' - necessary, but not big on story progression. Thanks for appreciating the slow build.

I will tell you that one of the big questions gets answered in Chapter 8.

Corrina.

Edited to add - also glad the medical details were not too much. I thought about giving a warning, but the farm kids across the road deal with these details from the time they're very young, so left it out. I'm trying to show the realities of farm life, and these things happen and need to be dealt with.
4 156 Read More
Re: FDK: Falling For a Farm Boy (7/16) Songbird 06/10/24 10:06 PM
Thank you for another great chapter! This story is so good and I love it! Lois is getting the hang of farm life and fits in nicely. Lois and Clark are slowly falling in love and it’s sweet to see. I can’t wait for the next chapter!!!
4 156 Read More
Re: FDK: Pull A Rabbit From A Hat Lynn S. M. 06/10/24 09:25 PM
I think that this may be the first almost-literal plot bunny I have come across. wink

In some ways, this part feels like one step back and two steps forward with their relationship. (The step back, of course, being Lois keeping an important secret from Clark.)

I'm looking forward to reading the next part tomorrow.

Joy,
Lynn
8 585 Read More
Off Topic Jump to new posts
Re: 50 Book Challenge 2024/What I've Read in 2024 scifiJoan 06/10/24 09:19 PM
#39 Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt

After Tova Sullivan's husband died, she began working the night shift at the Sowell Bay Aquarium, mopping floors and tidying up. Keeping busy has always helped her cope, which she's been doing since her eighteen-year-old son, Erik, mysteriously vanished on a boat in Puget Sound over thirty years ago.

Tova becomes acquainted with curmudgeonly Marcellus, a giant Pacific octopus living at the aquarium. Marcellus knows more than anyone can imagine but wouldn't dream of lifting one of his eight arms for his human captors--until he forms a remarkable friendship with Tova.

A book with an octopus' POV had me wondering but it worked. While I liked most of the characters, I would've liked to have seen more growth with Cameron.

#40 Godfall by Van Jensen

When a massive asteroid hurtles toward Earth, humanity braces for annihilation—but the end doesn’t come. In fact, it isn’t an asteroid but a three-mile-tall alien that drops down, seemingly dead, outside Little Springs, Nebraska. Dubbed “the giant,” its arrival transforms the red-state farm town into a top-secret government research site and major metropolitan area, flooded with soldiers, scientists, bureaucrats, spies, criminals, conspiracy theorists—and a murderer.

I was curious about this book, since I'm currently living in Nebraska. Not a bad murder mystery. With a giant falling out of the sky, I was hoping for more scifi elements.

#41 Meet Me on the Bridge by Sarah J Harris

Everyone says falling in love is supposed to be easy. But what happens when you meet the perfect man…in your dreams?

Especially when you find out he was real and died one year ago – on the bridge you had agreed to meet on for your first date. Wouldn’t you try to go back in time and change the course of destiny to create your very own happy-ever-after?

But the path to true love is never without complications, and meddling with the past can have unexpected consequences…

I adore time travel stories. And time travel with romance - count me in! This story had a lot of potential but it got confused in the execution.
32 3,856 Read More
Re: Travelers (1/1) Darth Michael 06/10/24 07:29 PM
I tried a different approach this time. Better?
Yeah, works better. If you could add an extra line break before starting a new block, that would be best, if you want to optimize smile

Also, isn't, in the LC universe, MP not the substitute for NY, and rather placed somewhere around Delaware?
No, in LnC it's placed in New York. We got various maps of New York, the coast, etc.

Ah, English and its adverbs...must love them...
Just like Lois.
TEMPUS: You could also hate them. Just like Lois.

The society in Time Machine one was, in fact, more of a dystopia
You meet one tribe of cave dwelling cannibals and go straight for "dystopia"...

And regardless of what some people might claim, my life is *not* a sitcom!
RomCom, actually.

Ah, so that was were the "super date in the clouds" took place?
We don't talk about this on the light side of the boards.

I'd definitely say you did quite well!
smile1 oh, and I got an audible subscription, so... thanks, I'm good, actually smile

wave Michael
14 451 Read More
Re: FDK: Falling For a Farm Boy (7/16) bakasi 06/10/24 06:00 PM
I was nervous the entire time that something would happen that would force Clark to reveal his big secret. I can't wait to find out how this continues. Such a great story. And I'm already looking forward to learning more about Lana and Clark.
4 156 Read More