Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Whew! Thought I had made all the proper edits on Chapter Two but discovered a bunch were missing! Hence this posting is a day late, but not a line short.

Okay, it was a very small joke. peep

In any case, enjoy the latest installment of Dance With Me! Please let me know what you think!

Last edited by Morgana; 12/31/15 04:03 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Superman had called her ‘my lady’ just as the princess’ true love had done in the film. She stopped for a moment, where had the tune he had hummed come from? Was it possible he had seen The Queen’s Consort?

Did … did Superman believe love could exist between himself and a Terran female?
Clark is shooting himself in the foot. Luckily he's bulletproof, but even so... [Linked Image]

His soft lips barely swept her bare neck. An extremely risqué move which she hoped neither of her parents noticed. He whispered in her ear. “Ah such innocence is a treasure! Soon, Loysa, we shall share a ‘dance’ that your dance master could not teach.”
sick help [Linked Image]

It was all Loysa could do not to watch as Kaldar’s departure. Her heart breaking just a little more with each step he took ….

So sad! [Linked Image]

Clark.

It was time to see Clark.
Yes! Yes! hyper

“Clark Jerome Kent, open this door right now!”

Yay! Go Mad Dog Lane! [Linked Image] Miss Dairy Freeze won't stand a chance! [Linked Image]

Andreia

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Seeing them, she sighed quietly, it was time to leave youthful fantasies behind and feed the fish.
On the plus side, she’s not a single mother with Superman’s love child waiting at home.
NUNK: [Linked Image]

She stopped for a moment, where had the tune he had hummed come from? Was it possible he had seen The Queen’s Consort?
Nah, the stereotypical male watches such only with female companionship. And Superman doesn’t have female companions, right?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Did … did Superman believe love could exist between himself and a Terran female?
Love. Professional caretaking. Same difference.

If so, was she to be that fortunate woman?
Maybe if she had squealed between rubbing rosewater into her body and choosing nightwear? Superman might have kind of crashed onto her bathroom floor in a botched landing.

Her mask was also lavender and silver, topped with orchid feathers.
Ah, a masquerade. Perfect for secret identities and dashing pirate princes.

Their makeup and hair were done in the very height of fashion, yet try as they might; none were as captivating and as beautiful as Princess Loysa
HANDMAIDENs: And we worked very hard to get that very effect.

His hair was curly and dark, but his eyes were different, deep pools of blue, the shade of which she had never seen before.
It’s from dripping a bit of blood into each eye from the slaves he has killed for sport. He believes it adds their power to his. He’s a bit of a nut job, that one.

She should be thrilled;
Yes, tonight she was to be sold to another royal house as a token of their treaty.

Suddenly she noticed the petite blonde woman, her face concealed by a golden mask with thin white ribbons trailing down the sides, standing closely - perhaps too closely - by his side.
Ooooh! Jealousy! clap

Her legs stiffened as she watched Ileana possessively take the crook of Kal’s arm, stand exquisitely on tiptoe and whisper in his ear. His face, despite the gray mask, normally so open and cheerful became serious and closed as tight as a fist.
Maybe she told him that the little princess would bear many fine children to her future husband?

High above the dancers’ heads, in the gallery, skilled musicians stuck up a lively waltz that was currently in fashion.
?

His soft lips barely swept her bare neck. An extremely risqué move which she hoped neither of her parents noticed. He whispered in her ear. “Ah such innocence is a treasure! Soon, Loysa, we shall share a ‘dance’ that your dance master could not teach.”
shock sick

A tall man dressed from head to toe in black appeared at the top of the staircase at the height of the dance. With the athletic control of an expert swordsman, he stepped with effortless grace down the great carpeted staircase and moved smoothly through the crowd of courtiers, foreign dignitaries and busy servants.
Oh look, the masked pirate has arrived clap

Still tonight, for this one true time he would hold her in his arms publicly.

“Loysa, my friend, my love and my life, after tonight nothing between us will ever be the same again.” He murmured to himself.
So, kidnap her or just her jewelry?

Several people stepped back as the princess and her mysterious partner moved with an elegance unmatched by any other couple. It could not be argued that they made a strikingly attractive pair.
Alexi isn’t going to like this.

Patting her husband’s hand she said soothingly, “Oh Sam, the announcement has not been made yet. Please, leave Loysa alone and trust her instincts as you have always trusted mine.”
What’s the worst that could happen? King Samuel could suffer a stroke, the Princess could become Queen, and war could be declared between the nations, one that will end with Alexi shackled to a tree in front of a dragon grove?

She sighed, “Than I will place myself in Alexi’s hands and pray some portion of my heart will become his.”
sick

It was all Loysa could do not to watch as Kaldar’s departure. Her heart breaking just a little more with each step he took ….
So, a nightmare?

Why was Kaldar dressed in black and wearing a mask when he danced with Loysa?
LOIS: huh
SUBCONSIOUS: [Linked Image]

She needed a man who could deal on a regular basis with supermarkets, not super villains.
clap Has she seen the prices recently at Costmart?

And that left Clark. But not as some second-rate ‘consolation prize’, but as the ‘victor’, the only one who fulfilled all her needs, hopes and yes - dreams.
CLARK: [Linked Image] Needs? [Linked Image]

A half hour later after parking the Jeep, that wild energy still coursed through her. Eagerly she climbed up the metal stairs to his apartment. Just as she raised a hand to knock, Clark’s voice could be clearly heard through the glass door.
Uh-oh. Late night visits while Clark is engaged with a blonde are never a good idea. Hasn’t she learned *anything*?

This was so much worse than the dream could ever have been!
Only because her subconscious is less cruel than her imagination.

Not without a fight! Not until revealing how deeply she loved him. She stood up and went back to the door and began to pound so hard on the wood and glass door that the frame began to shake. “Clark Jerome Kent, open this door right now!”
jawdrop thud

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Well, DarthMike has already mentioned most points I wanted to, so there's little left to say but that I enjoyed this. I'm generally not a fan of extensive dream sequences, but this one was done quite nicely.

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
SUBCONSIOUS: whistle

More importantly, why was Kaldar the scribe?
Lois: huh
Subconscious: If he was just a an ordinary man leading an ordinary life...

Their makeup and hair were done in the very height of fashion, yet try as they might; none were as captivating and as beautiful as Princess Loysa
Not exactly humble in your dreams, are you, Lois? (Then again, who is?)

Loysa was fully aware that, although the two had known each other since they were children the only thing they held in common was their birthplace.

Subconscious: Don't you see?!?

His face, despite the gray mask, normally so open and cheerful became serious and closed as tight as a fist.
Yeah, definitely Superman. Not Clark.

“Yes, my … Alexi.” She felt foolish and very immature;
Isn't that the way Luthor always made her feel? (No, not obvious, Lois. Not obvious at all.)

“Ah such innocence is a treasure! Soon, Loysa, we shall share a ‘dance’ that your dance master could not teach.”
[Linked Image]

Besides his unknown identity, it was solely that a properly groomed gentleman did not appear in public all in black. It was most definitely not the fashion. But here he was; breaking an unwritten rule.
Like not combining three binary colors?
Or not combining too-colorful ties with otherwise fine suits?

A torrent of thoughts raced through her mind. Why would Kaldar allow the woman he loved to marry another man, no matter how kind?
Nobody knows but him. smirk
Why on earth would he run away to his estate with a woman he didn’t love?
Because he couldn't have the woman he did love?
Why was Kaldar dressed in black and wearing a mask when he danced with Loysa? Was it a secret identity to keep Prince Alexi and others from knowing who he was?
Nah, what does he have to hide, anyway? With Clark, what you see is what you get. Remember?

I'm just surprised Lois doesn't get the brilliant idea to suggest to Superman that he start a secret identity to keep people from knowing who he is. evil (Although why he would want to hide from Lex, of all people, is still a mystery.)

Hello to you too, Lois! Nice to see you. laugh
Glad to see Mad Dog back.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
The second chapter!!

One thing a Morgana story will bring is copious amounts of detail. It brings you deep into the story, much like you a living it rather than merely observing it. Enriching it if you will. It is obvious that she does so much research into all aspects of the story and it shows in the final product. This story is no different.

While the dream dance sequence is really not my cup of tea, the wrap up was outstanding. Clark had better get ready to duck!

Superb work!

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 12/29/15 06:58 PM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lara Joelle Kent
Well, DarthMike has already mentioned most points I wanted to
Hi Mellie! Sorry about that [Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
SUBCONSIOUS: whistle

More importantly, why was Kaldar the scribe?
Lois: huh
Subconscious: If he was just a an ordinary man leading an ordinary life...
clap

“Ah such innocence is a treasure! Soon, Loysa, we shall share a ‘dance’ that your dance master could not teach.”
[Linked Image]
laugh I'm sensing a pattern!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love the detail of the descriptions. It is almost as good as being there.

I’m glad to see that Lois has decided to take the bull by the horns and stand up to Lana and for herself.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Just read the two parts! I love it: it's romantic and.... what can I say?

But then resolve, like a brick wall firmed her mind. No way was Mad Dog Lane backing down and letting Miss Dairy Freeze win. Not without a fight! Not until revealing how deeply she loved him. She stood up and went back to the door and began to pound so hard on the wood and glass door that the frame began to shake. “Clark Jerome Kent, open this door right now!”

Yes! It's Lois! Exactly Lois!

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lara Jorelle Kent

Well, DarthMike has already mentioned most points I wanted to, so there's little left to say but that I enjoyed this. I'm generally not a fan of extensive dream sequences, but this one was done quite nicely.

Yeah, Darth did take a lot of the good stuff and mentioned it didn't he? So glad you liked Part 2! smile1 The dream sequence was long, but it did bring home to Lois how bleak her life would be without Clark in it. Loysa and Kaldar were stuck in a time and place were their marriage would have signaled a war. Both of them loved their country far to much for that.

Quote:
Hello to you too, Lois! Nice to see you. laugh
Glad to see Mad Dog back.

Yeah and when opening the door, but certain to duck! LOL!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

One thing a Morgana story will bring is copious amounts of detail. It brings you deep into the story, much like you a living it rather than merely observing it. Enriching it if you will. It is obvious that she does so much research into all aspects of the story and it shows in the final product. This story is no different.

While the dream dance sequence is really not my cup of tea, the wrap up was outstanding. Clark had better get ready to duck!

I love research. Details of sound, sight and smell set the reader into the time and place.

Hmmm sensing a pattern here. The dream segment was okay, that's fine. But I am so glad the closing line had more than a few folks snickering. May Chapter Three meet your expectations! wave

Morgana

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful job! hyper hyper hyper...

The details of the dream sequence were superb--you definitely not only transported Lois, but also me, into that world. It was so interesting to see how Lois' subcontious put her life situations, combined with the movie, into a reality check she needed to have.

And, totally, I LOVE how Lois is going into Mad Dog Lane mode here at the end. Go Lois!!!! You belong with Clark dance clap dance.

Can not wait to read the conclusion!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LMA

Wonderful job! hyper hyper hyper...

The details of the dream sequence were superb--you definitely not only transported Lois, but also me, into that world. It was so interesting to see how Lois' subcontious put her life situations, combined with the movie, into a reality check she needed to have.

And, totally, I LOVE how Lois is going into Mad Dog Lane mode here at the end. Go Lois!!!! You belong with Clark dance clap dance.

Can not wait to read the conclusion!
Laura

Yikes! Talk about pressure! help

This story was finished, but then I got a lot of PM's about a confrontation between Lois and Lana. So the ending is being rewritten just a bit. Mix in RL, a family wedding and work duties going into the stratosphere its been difficult to put everything back together after I have torn it apart. But don't fear it will be done!

Yes, Lois subconscious was trying to let her know that Clark Kent is her man! Lana or rather Miss Dairy Freeze can take a hike! hyper

Morgana

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for the update on the story, Morgana. RL does tend to get in the way, sometimes wink.

When you do post, I'll be eagerly looking forward to reading it! I'm sure it'll be awesome smile.
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 01/11/16 07:49 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LMA

I apologize to all those who have inquired when the final installment of this fic will be up. But RL has taken its toll. Rewriting the end as fast as I can. As the late David Bowie's song once said: Under Pressure! Hopefully this final chapter shall meet with everyone's expectations! Yikes! peep

Last edited by Morgana; 01/15/16 06:10 PM.

Morgana

I
Blogger
Blogger
I
Yet another truly fantastic chapter of this wonderfully written journey that you created for Lois and Clark, but also us readers!
The dream sequence was a wonderful and useful tool to help Lois realize her true heart's desire...which is Clark smile1 And with your use of descriptive detail you helped weave us readers right into seeing her realization come to light.

And at risk of transporting back to the 90s but I can't help it, it is befitting of Lois right now: You Go Girl! clap
You just gotta love Lois's spirit and tenacity even using Clark's full name! Can't wait for her to tell him her true feelings dance

Truly fun, romantic, and well written chapter that makes waiting for the next chapter hard but I know it's going to be an amazing conclusion to this wonderful story!

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
iheartshules

Truly fun, romantic, and well written chapter that makes waiting for the next chapter hard but I know it's going to be an amazing conclusion to this wonderful story!

Oooh I hope the latest installment meets up with yours and everyone else's expectations! whistle

Morgana

Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved the dream sequence -- Lois's dreams telling her what her conscious mind hasn't yet acknowledged.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
AnnieB

I loved the dream sequence -- Lois's dreams telling her what her conscious mind hasn't yet acknowledged.

Thanks for the feedback! I know your RL is crazy busy right now.

Exactly! hyper Sometimes the subconscious sifts through all the unneccessary 'stuff' and sends back a solution. One which we have to think through to understand.

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard