Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This is something for all FoLC's! A little story for the end of the year. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Last edited by Morgana; 12/31/15 04:04 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
I'm interested in seeing where you're going with this story. Lois never really interacted with other DP staffers on the show, and she's rarely seen with anyone she can call a friend. Her jealousy regarding Clark's relationship with Lana is starting to make her realize that she might have feelings for him, too, but this highly romanticized dance with Superman isn't going to help her resolve those feelings towards him.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Glad to see you posting. This story is so very full of happy, romantic scenes that it is the perfect thing for Christmas.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Groobie

Thank you for the feedback!

I'm interested in seeing where you're going with this story. Lois never really interacted with other DP staffers on the show, and she's rarely seen with anyone she can call a friend. Her jealousy regarding Clark's relationship with Lana is starting to make her realize that she might have feelings for him, too, but this highly romanticized dance with Superman isn't going to help her resolve those feelings towards him.

Its true she never seemed to have any relationship with anyone outside of Perry, Jimmy, Cat and of course Clark. But in this AU Lois is a little more approachable. Otherwise Diane would never have dreamed of inviting her to hang out after work.

Lana is always a problem! dizzy Her presence is a problem not just to Lois but for Clark's other friends as well.

The dance with Superman will put into motion a new set of feelings for Clark, especially when a certain film comes into play.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
KatherineKent

Glad to see you posting. This story is so very full of happy, romantic scenes that it is the perfect thing for Christmas.

Thank you for being a great beta! I wanted this to be light and fun, along the lines of Countermeasures. Hopefully, people will like it! clap

Morgana

Top Banana
Top Banana
Great beginning. The names of the actors in the movie made me chuckle, and the fact that Lois is wondering how Superman knew about the movie ... Clark needs to be careful.

Lana is stubborn and opinionated ... hmm ... that reminds me a bit of a certain investigative reporter we know and love.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Morgana,

Fun start to this story.

Some may not realize that this is an Alt universe and that you are introducing characters that they will be reading more of in your upcoming story.

I have to say it is fun seeing them introduced in this way.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
AnnieB

Great beginning. The names of the actors in the movie made me chuckle, and the fact that Lois is wondering how Superman knew about the movie ... Clark needs to be careful.

Yes. Clark does need to be careful. help

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
KenJ

Fun start to this story.

Some may not realize that this is an Alt universe and that you are introducing characters that they will be reading more of in your upcoming story.

I have to say it is fun seeing them introduced in this way.

Yes! Let us hope that story will be started this year! grovel

Last edited by Morgana; 12/30/15 05:14 PM.

Morgana

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Morgana!

“Lois! Where have you been all day? Perry hasn’t chained you to the desk on a Friday night because you were chasing down a source that didn’t pan out?
Lois? No, she brings her own chains.
CAT: Kinky!

Come with us, the Pulitzer Prize isn’t going anywhere!”
LOIS: shock

The man was a nut on the subject, even brought his own supply of water from Metropolis for drinking and bathing.”
*Bathing*? thud

I knew by the time the paperwork arrived, all the evidence would disappear into Hobbs Bay.”
So she ‘investigated’?
LOIS: The inside of a closed drum can be very interesting, I have you know. Especially with dirty sea water seeping slowly inside as it sinks to the bottom of the bay.

“Don’t tell me, you did something Perry doesn’t want to know about and dragged poor Clark into it?” Diane said as a worried frown creased her pretty face.
CLARK: Well…to be fair, I dragged her out of it. The bay, that is.

“It was weird; I guess the thought of killing an innocent person was too much for him. The poor man dropped the poker, fell to his knees and started sobbing. The gruesome reality of what he had done finally hit him with unyielding force.”
See? That’s why you hire a professional.
LEX: Actually, it’s so you don’t get nasty blood spatter all over your $ 10,000 suit.

I confronted Aldrich alone ...just like when I first started investigative reporting!”
TEMPUS: It’s a surprise she’s even still alive. …[Linked Image][Linked Image]

You were alone with a killer!”
Yes, but a white-collar one.

He even asked me to ride in the squad car so he could finish relating his side of the story.”

“Aha! So, that explains where you’ve been this afternoon.” Diane said rather dryly.
Trying to get his story out and contaminate the jury pool? What with a national newspaper, they won’t be able to find 12 peers who don’t feel sorry for the sod.

Clark has been squiring his old high school ‘friend’ Lana Lang around town a lot since she moved here from Los Angeles.
Oh-oh.

How could she tell Diane that she had indeed seen The Queen’s Consort with its dashing male lead, Hugh Cain and his stunning co-star, Terisa Hatcher? Her mind drifted backwards to last Saturday night.

FLASHBACK
Oh? Also, laugh

Sure, she led an interesting life as an assistant curator in the Metropolis Museum and traveled all over the world acquiring, cataloging and studying artifacts from ancient ruins.
She does? [Linked Image] I wonder if she’s wearing a fedora and carries a whip... Now, that would be interesting, Lois facing an adventurous opponent who also, from time to time, could require Superman’s attentions.

Through the flawless combination of talented actors, historical settings and meticulously crafted, colorful period costumes the story had transported her to a long ago era of grace and refined manners.
So, Hollywood in the 19th century?

Just as the lights went up she heard the familiar voice of Lana Lang loudly talking to someone in self-assured tones, disparaging the cast and everything else about the film.
shock

With an inward groan she realized Clark had taken Lana to the movies! Of all the movie theatres in Metropolis, why, oh why, had he taken her to this one?
Because they were on a date?
LOIS: thud

After feeding her fish, she indulged in a long, cold shower to get the sweat off her body.
Oh yes. Summer. Public transportation. You are cool and fresh all day, and then, 30 minutes on the bus or subway, and you’re soaked through and through cat

Lex Luthor agreed to donate one million dollars to the Metropolis Museum in order to help them build a secure facility for the amazing rare art treasures Superman had recently discovered in an underground vault.
laugh

Lex was certainly a man to be admired. The greatest philanthropist Metropolis had ever known.
sick

“What are you doing here so late on a Friday night? Shouldn’t you be with friends after a long week at work?”
Really, Clark? You think you should ask her that as *Superman*?

Terribly flattered that the superhero thought of her, Lois responded,
On the other hand, Lois doesn’t notice that even a superhero thinks of her as hopeless.

Besides, the movie they went to, The Queen’s Consort, I’ve already seen. It must have been last Saturday, what a humid night that was!”
Oops?

“There’s *no* article about Luthor that can’t wait until Monday morning.”
What about the one about his criminal pursuits? His arrest? His failed attempt at base jumping?

How did the Man of Steel know she was talking about a ballroom scene?
SUPERMAN: Umm…Napoleonic era? Dance floor? I just figured, it wasn’t roller disco huh

He was no longer wearing the familiar blue and red spandex suit of a superhero but the evening garments of a nobleman about to dance with his lady.
Danger! Danger!

TBC
Oh boy. I have no idea what’s coming next. Intrigue? Jealousy? Screwballing? But it’s very well crafted!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sweet! twins

Hugh Cain and his stunning co-star, Terisa Hatcher
Hehe... grin A movie with them would be awesome! wink

With a snort she remembered Clark was spending that evening with Lana Lang … as he had for the past three weekends.
Lana! sick

But no, she no more belonged in his champagne and caviar world than he did in her cream soda and pizza one.
Perfect descriptions! clap

How did the Man of Steel know she was talking about a ballroom scene?
Careful, Clark! shock

Jasper Templar, Gregory Daae, Dr. Pete Ross, Skip Rowans - at first I thought it was that universe, but then I remembered in this story Clark is already Superman, so, hum... same players, another universe? [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
Glad you are posting this one!

One of the many things I like about Morgana stories is that Lois and Clark are not isolated to the degree they were portrayed in the series. In the series they only had immediate family and a tight and small group of co-workers from the Planet (basically Jimmy and Perry). In Morgana's stories they each have many friends and in the stories where they get together they have many friends as a couple which leads to a much fuller life outside the workplace. All of that makes it just that much more realistic to me.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Darth Michael

Hello There! wave

Oh boy. I have no idea what’s coming next. Intrigue? Jealousy? Screwballing? But it’s very well crafted!

Screwball? I have not read that word in a long time! You must love madcap comedies from the 30's. Ever watch a Thin Man movie? Nick and Nora Charles are the best!

Jealous? You betcha!

Intrigue? Not so much, but a little confusion!

Thanks so much for your comment, it means a lot! goofy

Last edited by Morgana; 12/30/15 05:20 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Screwball? I have not read that word in a long time! You must love madcap comedies from the 30's.
Actually, funny thing, I never really went after the old movies. I do love Oscar, though, the one with Sylvester Stalone. Hilarious!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
UltraWoman

Sweet! twins

Quote:
Hugh Cain and his stunning co-star, Terisa Hatcher

Hehe... grin A movie with them would be awesome! wink

Oh how wonderful that would be. Honestly, I would be happy just to see them in a scene together on Supergirl!

Jasper Templar, Gregory Daae, Dr. Pete Ross, Skip Rowans - at first I thought it was that universe, but then I remembered in this story Clark is already Superman, so, hum... same players, another universe?

Nope! Hopefully that universe will appear this year! help

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

One of the many things I like about Morgana stories is that Lois and Clark are not isolated to the degree they were portrayed in the series. In the series they only had immediate family and a tight and small group of co-workers from the Planet (basically Jimmy and Perry). In Morgana's stories they each have many friends and in the stories where they get together they have many friends as a couple which leads to a much fuller life outside the workplace. All of that makes it just that much more realistic to me.

Thank you Mike! In my universe, Lois is prickly, but not impossible to deal with. Diane's character did appear twice in the series, one of the few folks in the newsroom background to have a speaking part. She will always make an appearance in one of my stories.

As you mentioned, it is a little more realistic. thumbsup

Morgana

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a treat this story is to read this morning notworthy clap...

I completely love AU stories, and I'm really enjoying the set up. Lana around? dizzy wallbash --but, she sure is adding a 'distance' between Lois and Clark that is bringing Lois' true feelings to the forefront.

I adored the dance scene at the end--and the thought that while Lois thought of Clark as she went to bed after seeing the film, no doubt Clark was thinking about Lois, too.

So excited to read more! hyper
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LMA

What a treat this story is to read this morning notworthy clap...

I completely love AU stories, and I'm really enjoying the set up. Lana around? dizzy wallbash --but, she sure is adding a 'distance' between Lois and Clark that is bringing Lois' true feelings to the forefront.

I adored the dance scene at the end--and the thought that while Lois thought of Clark as she went to bed after seeing the film, no doubt Clark was thinking about Lois, too.

So excited to read more! hyper
Laura

Oh LMA what wonderful things to say! smile1

AU stories allow us to see many different things about our favorite reporting duo and their friends. This is just one of them!

The dance sequence was in my mind for awhile, this was the best way to present it. As for Clark thinking of Lois. Of course!

Morgana

I
Blogger
Blogger
I
I love this beginning to this story. Everything is so in character and well written. I couldn't stop my grin at *Hugh Cain* and Terisa Hatcher* Now that would be a movie worth seeing! grin

Meh, Lana doesn't hold a candle to Lois but at least she is the stepping stone for Lois to realize how deep her feelings are for Clark that are not strictly friendly.

Oh, the dance scene at the end!!! I thoroughly enjoyed that so much as you wrote it superbly that it felt like you were there watching them.

With your attention to detail it draws you into the story rather than just reading it. Truly you are a wonderful writer, thank you for sharing your talent! notworthy

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
iheartShules

I love this beginning to this story. Everything is so in character and well written. I couldn't stop my grin at *Hugh Cain* and Terisa Hatcher* Now that would be a movie worth seeing! grin

Meh, Lana doesn't hold a candle to Lois but at least she is the stepping stone for Lois to realize how deep her feelings are for Clark that are not strictly friendly.

Oh, the dance scene at the end!!! I thoroughly enjoyed that so much as you wrote it superbly that it felt like you were there watching them.

With your attention to detail it draws you into the story rather than just reading it. Truly you are a wonderful writer, thank you for sharing your talent!

Wheee! Hello Stacy! dance

Great to see you in this fandom!

Wouldn't it be great if Teri and Dean got together for a reunion of Lois and Clark? What a awesome dream come true, especially considering how poorly the network treated this sweet little series towards the end. It should be possible, after all, The X-Files came back for a limited run. Why not LnC?

Lana was not the nicest of people, she would not have made Clark happy in any way, shape or form. Thankfully Clark knows that and is willing to leave his High School Sweetie where she belongs ... in the past.

Anyhow, so glad you like the Dance between them. There is a lot more to come. Stay tuned! thumbsup

Morgana

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard