Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This is for a new world for me since I have NEVER tackled a FoLC challenge before and here I am doing one for the Kerths! The television series Person of Interest is no longer in production, but two of its main characters were always interesting to me. Here’s my take on how they would interact (briefly) with Lois and Clark during the episode Madame X.

As always, comments are welcomed. wave

Last edited by Morgana; 02/14/18 08:46 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Columnist
Columnist
Took me a minute because I didn't watch the show to much. Nice take on adding the show into the mix and how you wrote them out of the mess.

I like it. Wasn't Joss wrote out of the show after the first season? Great work though, I really liked how you wrote them and how you wrote their mistake.

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
CarrieRene

Took me a minute because I didn't watch the show to much. Nice take on adding the show into the mix and how you wrote them out of the mess.

Vigilante John Reese was famous for trying to get out of situations faster than he got into them. His signature smirk and gentle voice could turn deadly in an instant. Once Joss told him they made a mistake, neither one of them wanted to stick around for the fallout. But since he was contacted by Finch he really wanted them to have a lead as to who was causing the problem.

I like it. Wasn't Joss wrote out of the show after the first season? Great work though, I really liked how you wrote them and how you wrote their mistake.

Detective Joss Carter's character did not leave the series until the middle of season three. Leaving the potential for examining her and John's feelings for each other unexplored. So glad you enjoyed my brief exploration of Person of Interest's characters. hyper

Last edited by Morgana; 02/18/18 07:57 AM. Reason: Correct formatting error

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hyper Yay another challenge response!

Interesting take. If only it were that easy to solve the cases, right?

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
clap I love it! I never got too into Person of Interest, but I know enough to get around. wink I feel like if they really were responsible for protecting Lois though, they'd never be able to leave. lol Love the connection they made to CK=S, and that they kept their own methods secret.

Can't believe this is your first challenge response! thud Very well done! Now you can't stop writing them... in fact your fic has inspired a little idea in my head that I'm gonna put up on the challenge board... (it's cyclical you see?) laugh

Last edited by Mouserocks; 02/16/18 01:49 PM.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I loved POI and am delighted with your AU of it. Great fun.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Morgana,

I loved your take on the L&C meets Person of Interest. I can easily see Lois' number coming up on 'The Computer', probably often. The problem is that she has a better protector possibly even than Reese. Of course Reese seems to often take the more permanent approach to ridding the subject of the threat than Clark would take. I can see the benefit in that approach sometimes. I guess I never saw the option of John marrying Joss but with them killing off the Joss character when they did kind of short circuited that possibility.

Nice integration of both series!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
folc4evernaday

Yay another challenge response!

Interesting take. If only it were that easy to solve the cases, right?

Yeah, if only! Somehow with their very different way of handling situations it is best Lois and Clark follow up and John and Joss head back to New York City.

Last edited by Morgana; 02/18/18 08:08 AM.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Mouserocks

I love it! I never got too into Person of Interest, but I know enough to get around. wink I feel like if they really were responsible for protecting Lois though, they'd never be able to leave. lol Love the connection they made to CK=S, and that they kept their own methods secret.

Considering the fact that they traveled across time and space to work this number it is best their work methods are kept secret. John and Joss have enough to do without tangling with a superhero and his lady.

Sit down and answer the call to write another challenge? We'll see. goofy

Morgana

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow! What a high bar you've set for a first answer to a challenge! Even though I've never seen Person of Interest, I could follow the story. Delightful story and plot untwist. clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Framework4

I loved POI and am delighted with your AU of it. Great fun.

Hi There! So glad to hear that. John and Joss deserved their own happy ending.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

I loved your take on the L&C meets Person of Interest. I can easily see Lois' number coming up on 'The Computer', probably often. The problem is that she has a better protector possibly even than Reese. Of course Reese seems to often take the more permanent approach to ridding the subject of the threat than Clark would take. I can see the benefit in that approach sometimes. I guess I never saw the option of John marrying Joss but with them killing off the Joss character when they did kind of short circuited that possibility.

Nice integration of both series!

Hello Mike! wave

If Lois Lane existed in New York City she would probably need John and Joss to protect her a lot! But since Clark is around, Team Machine's services aren't necessary. John's habit of kneecapping the bad guys certainly would not work for either Clark or Lois. Although I have to wonder what Mayson Drake would think of 'The Man in the Suit's' totally unorthodox methods. Although it is unlikely she could catch him - especially with Detective Joss Carter working within the MPD!

Who knows, I might tackle this again someday. But not right now. goofy

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ciudadoro

Wow! What a high bar you've set for a first answer to a challenge! Even though I've never seen Person of Interest, I could follow the story. Delightful story and plot untwist.

Ooh Feedback! Writers love this stuff! Thank you very much.

Morgana

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Morgana!

Lois had walked down into the newsroom from the elevator and was greeted with either chilly stares or nods of approval from her newsroom co-workers. She was about to ask Science Editor Janet Owens what was wrong when Jimmy came up to her his expression tight and angry.
What did she do? Is this a SL&V adaption?

“That was harsh what you said last night on television. I thought you and the big guy were close. Never thought I would hear anything bad about Superman from Lois Lane. What were you doing at that protest rally anyway?” Without waiting for an answer he walked away.
Oh, Madame Ex.

Completely bewildered, she turned to her partner and was momentarily taken aback by the look of hurt in his dark eyes.
*tsk tsk tsk*

While they were talking a tall, handsome middle-aged man wearing a dark suit and white shirt stepped out of the elevator and moved smoothly down the ramp.
That’s Dr. Carlin? You’re flipping some things on their ears?

“Miss Lane, my name is John Reese. I have it under good authority that your life may be in danger from person or persons unknown.”
Oh, okay, so what’s going on?

He spoke to Joss in a “Finch just gave me vital intel Joss, it will save both their lives. I need to talk with them.”
I’m guessing it’s a crossover of some sort? Or a time bureau intervention?

This is for a new world for me since I have NEVER tackled a FoLC challenge before and here I am doing one for the Kerths! The television series Person of Interest is no longer in production, but two of its main characters were always interesting to me. Here’s my take on how they would interact (briefly) with Lois and Clark during the episode Madame X.
Oh, yeah, okay, I guess that makes more sense now smile Never seen the show but I may have read the title on TV sites on occasion.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Awww Michael, it is so good to heard from you again! It is important to have watched the TV series Person of Interest in order to understand what's going on.

Quote:

He spoke to Joss in a “Finch just gave me vital intel Joss, it will save both their lives. I need to talk with them.”
I’m guessing it’s a crossover of some sort? Or a time bureau intervention?

You are the ONLY one who figured out that time and space has been altered in this story since POI most definitely takes place in the 21st century. Thanks for catching that! thumbsup

Morgana

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
blush They just knew too much! There had to be a rational explanation.

LOIS: You call time travel *rational*?
CLARK: [Linked Image] Have *seen* the stuff he writes? Total lunatic that guy.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard