Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi NK,

Your story almost feels like a sequel to mine. The Superman honeymoon is over, and now Clark is having to deal with the reality of his situation.

You've captured his insecurity quite well.

Joy,
Lynn

Features Writer
Features Writer
Lynn beat me to it! This is a great sequel to her story, and brilliantly captures his emotions. clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Why are you SO good at sucker-punching my emotions in so few words?

As always, the story is beautifully done. Elegant in it's simplicity, but packing the emotional punch to stagger the reader. Poor Clark really didn't think through how Superman might be received, huh? He's so humble it never crossed his mind. I love it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Strong emotions from such a short piece. Poor Clark indeed. He's just a simple guy from Kansas, he never expected this. Good thing he was raised right, or it might have gone to his head.

clap Well done!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Columnist
Columnist
So few words brings us such deep emotion from you. Honeymoon is over now it's the hard work. Great job and MLP comes in handy for us parents also.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Kal-El, embrace the mantle of great responsibility, you are ready.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww, poor Clark!

~•~
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I like vulnerable Clark. I don’t feel we saw him enough during the series. Great little piece.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Ok, I've been totally slack with replying to FDK. Sorry FoLCs!

Lynn: it wasn't a deliberate sequel but you're right, it does feel like one! Maybe we should collaborate and write the next one in the sequence wink

Cuidadora: thanks! smile

DC:it's a gift :P Glad you liked it!

Mouse: yes, he was definitely lucky to have Martha and Jonathon. Who knows how he would've turned out otherwise?

Carrie: yup! Get used to being adored, Clark...

Morgana: he's definitely taken on a huge burden. Good thing he's such a strong person (mentally, not just physically)

Queenie: I know right? One thing's for certain, I don't think I'd like to be Superman.

Jackie: vulnerable Clark is fun to write smile

Thanks everyone! Glad you liked my little story with the odd inspiration

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I missed one! shock

I have to second Vick's notions here. You're so good at sucker punching the emotion in just a few words. clap Great job!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Feli!
I wasn’t expecting the publicity storm that has come along with Superman’s debut. I wasn’t expecting the tidal wave of accolades, the outpouring of support… the groupies.
Interesting how the groupies are singled out evil

Everywhere I turn, someone is expecting more from me.
I’ll just go ahead and remove ‘from’ from the sentence, if that’s all right? Works better with the ‘groupies’ reference from above.

The world expects me- needs me- to be something more. And I don’t know if I’m ready for that.
Poor guy needs a Lois smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
Nice way to put Clark's emotions into words. Good job

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard