Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#277583 11/07/17 09:24 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
In the next installment of "Rules Series" Lois and Clark deal with the headaches of family when Lucy Lane shows up back in Metropolis with her newest boyfriend, Johnny Corbin. After finding out about Corbin's criminal past, Lois does everything she can to pull her sister away from the petty thief, but he may be more dangerous than either she or Clark realize. (3 of 10)

[Linked Image]

Teaser is up. More to come soon.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
Yay! I'm so glad we have more Rules!

I never would have thought about Niagara Falls for a date (well I have never been there). And Lucy is back I love how she interrupted Lois and Clark at the end.

Last edited by CarrieRene; 11/08/17 09:25 AM.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
After finding out about Corbin's criminal past, Lois does everything she can to pull her sister away from the petty thief, but he may be more dangerous than either she or Clark realize.

The episode with Corbin was a deep slice of reality, starting with Perry being very concerned that Jimmy did not produce a particular picture for the Planet. Superman may be a friend, but Perry is still and newsman and Jimmy had a job to do. I was sorry they did not keep this Lucy around, she was much better than the original actress.

Lois stared at the one hundred and seventy-five-foot wheel in front of her with a sign that read, “Niagara Falls Sky Wheel.” The sound of the nearby falls could be heard in the distance amid the chatter of children running and playing around the theme park. When Clark had said he had a surprise for her, she didn’t imagine the surprise being a theme park at Niagara Falls.

Oh! This reminds me of a date with a former boyfriend. He and the Ferris Wheel made my stomach flip! Thanks for the memories! laugh

They walked up to her apartment, and she pulled her keys out to unlock the several locks on her door and turned back to him. There were those butterflies again. “Thanks again for the, uh…” she caught her neighbor across the hall stepping out of her apartment to take her trash out and quickly covered for herself. She made a flying motion with her hand and took a step toward him. “I had a really nice time.”

That was a cute way to end the date. Neighbors are always lurking about!

Clark aimed a blast of heat vision at the robber’s feet, and the officer looked in surprise as metal pooled at the robber’s feet. “He’s a robot….or it is.” He corrected himself.
“ Four thirty-one Metro, requesting back-up at 321 Division street.” the officer spoke into the radio. The robotic man slowed down as he stood in place.

“You might want to page STAR Labs while you’re at it,” Clark instructed.

“A robotic thief. Now, I’ve seen everything.” The officer mused to himself.

Let the games begin!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Columnist
Columnist
Sometimes I really wish it was easier for me to use quotes. I loved the part where you mentioned the people who had worked at LexLabs before and most of those names we hear again at one point in the series.

I am looking forward to seeing how you retell this story with Lois knowing Clark's secret.

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Yay more to this story!I laughed out loud when Clark says that Lois and Lucy’s relationship isn’t what he thought having a sibling would be like. My husband is an only child and has made this comment about me and my siblings and even our kids before so I can totally see him feeling that way growing up without siblings. I love how Clark assumes Lucy is going to be as pighead as Lois and gives her some advice on how to approach her. He would know, having had to deal with Lois on a daily basis. I’m surprised she’s was able to keep her cool and not tell Lucy what she found out about Johnny so far even after he went missing. Glad Lois was around to help him get away after Clark’s encounter with Corbin.

Last edited by jackiek; 12/02/17 09:41 PM.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by jackiek
Yay more to this story!I laughed out loud when Clark says that Lois and Lucy’s relationship isn’t what he thought having a sibling would be like. My husband is an only child and has made this comment about me and my siblings and even our kids before so I can totally see him feeling that way growing up without siblings. I love how Clark assumes Lucy is going to be as pighead as Lois and gives her some advice on how to approach her. He would know, having had to deal with Lois on a daily basis. I’m surprised she’s was able to keep her cool and not tell Lucy what she found out about Johnny so far even after he went missing. Glad Lois was around to help him get away after Clark’s encounter with Corbin.

Aw, thanks jackiek!

Yeah I've taken a different twist with this rewrite. I figured Clark would have more to say on the matter given the difference in their relationship. Lois is showing some character growth in this fic and practicing the art of not rushing in. Clark is showing some growth (well will in Chapter 4 and 5).

Anyway, glad you liked this chapter. I'm posting Chapter 4 now.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh good, part 4! I love how Clark sees the errors of his ways so quickly. It always bothered me how he kept closing Lois out every time something bad happened on the show. Looking forward to more.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oh good, part 4! I love how Clark sees the errors of his ways so quickly. It always bothered me how he kept closing Lois out every time something bad happened on the show. Looking forward to more.

Aw, yay! Glad you're enjoying the change in the dynamic with Lois and Clark. Last Chapter is being posted early since I'll be in the wind most of this week with all day training for the next few weeks.

Hope you guys enjoy. thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well as per usual I respond slowly. Becoming a Grandma does pull on one's time! hyper

"Well..." Clark's ears began to burn a bright pink as Lucy continued to give him the third degree. Lois did her best to focus on the conversation over dinner, but all she could think about was how blind her sister seemed to Johnny Corbin's faults.

After the Luthor fiasco, it is perfectly understandable as to why Lois is very protective of her sister. The last thing she wants is for Lucy to suffer the pain of dealing with a worthless man. Which sad to say, is exactly what Corbin is ...worthless. Like her sister, Lucy has deep scars from her father's treatment and it is expressing itself in her poor choice in men. Bad background sometimes equals sad outcome.

“I did get some information on Emmet Vale though.” Clark said, pulling his notepad out of his jacket, “I couldn’t locate him, but I did find his ex. I thought she might be worth a visit.”

“Yeah, let’s stop by the police station then swing by?” Lois suggested. Clark nodded his agreement, leaning in to kiss her. “What was that for?” she asked.

“I have to have a reason?” He asked with a smile.

“No.” She leaned up to kiss him once more.

On the other hand, Lois and Clark's relationship is on a definite upswing! dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Great wrap up. I really like how they caught Johnny. I was never comfortable with the way they did it in the show. This made way more sense and sounds more like something Superman would have done. I really like how Lois was there for Lucy and the little scene between Lois and Clark at the end. Looking forward to th next instalment!

Columnist
Columnist
Finally I caught up on this and I like how you changed it from the original. Glad Clark realized what he did wrong by turning Lois away.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Well as per usual I respond slowly. Becoming a Grandma does pull on one's time! hyper

"Well..." Clark's ears began to burn a bright pink as Lucy continued to give him the third degree. Lois did her best to focus on the conversation over dinner, but all she could think about was how blind her sister seemed to Johnny Corbin's faults.

After the Luthor fiasco, it is perfectly understandable as to why Lois is very protective of her sister. The last thing she wants is for Lucy to suffer the pain of dealing with a worthless man. Which sad to say, is exactly what Corbin is ...worthless. Like her sister, Lucy has deep scars from her father's treatment and it is expressing itself in her poor choice in men. Bad background sometimes equals sad outcome.

“I did get some information on Emmet Vale though.” Clark said, pulling his notepad out of his jacket, “I couldn’t locate him, but I did find his ex. I thought she might be worth a visit.”

“Yeah, let’s stop by the police station then swing by?” Lois suggested. Clark nodded his agreement, leaning in to kiss her. “What was that for?” she asked.

“I have to have a reason?” He asked with a smile.

“No.” She leaned up to kiss him once more.

On the other hand, Lois and Clark's relationship is on a definite upswing! dance

Hi Morgana! wave

Glad you enjoyed this one. Congrats again on being a grandma. You make time where you can and enjoy the little one.

Yes, I took some liberties with this one and changed stuff up where I thought it could use some improvement. peep

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Great wrap up. I really like how they caught Johnny. I was never comfortable with the way they did it in the show. This made way more sense and sounds more like something Superman would have done. I really like how Lois was there for Lucy and the little scene between Lois and Clark at the end. Looking forward to th next instalment!

Hi jackiek! I'm so glad you enjoyed this one. I never liked the idea of Superman being as callous as he was in the show. I know he couldn't go near Metallo in the fight but it felt very cold and un-Supermanly compared to the rest of the series and the episode. I figured using brains instead of brawn here would be better. Glad you enjoyed the fic.

I should be posting Rules of Family when we get closer to Christmas. It's a shorter one and holiday themed. grin

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday

Hi jackiek! I'm so glad you enjoyed this one. I never liked the idea of Superman being as callous as he was in the show. I know he couldn't go near Metallo in the fight but it felt very cold and un-Supermanly compared to the rest of the series and the episode. I figured using brains instead of brawn here would be better. Glad you enjoyed the fic.

I should be posting Rules of Family when we get closer to Christmas. It's a shorter one and holiday themed. grin

Catching up on my reading. Love what you did with this story! I agree that Superman was too callous in the original. And your version shows Clark using his brain, not just his brawn. One of the things that I've always loved about the Pilot was the scene where Clark converses with Dr. Platt about the ion particles. It had the promise of this Clark being more scientific than some versions, and I was sorry when that aspect of his personality got dropped. It would make sense for the biological son of two scientists to at least have an aptitude for science, even if he chose not to be a scientist. And sending Clark to Dr. Klein fits that perfectly. clap

Yay! Another part this year! Whoo-hoo!!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard