Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Comic is Here. smile

So, I finally thought of a good title for the comic! Many thanks to everyone who helped me spitball ideas.

Originally, this strip was going to revolve around a joke where Lucy is dating a Catholic, but told her mother some bunk about a nice Jewish boyfriend in Canada. Once I had it scripted, I realized that it wasn't really funny, so this was kind of a last minute swap and, frankly, I think it's better on multiple levels.

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 08/02/17 05:14 PM.

~•~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
LOL at the comic -- I love your spin on "Bottle" and "Kandor." And your title for the comic is perfect.

I'm already looking forward to #9.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yay! Thanks, Lynn! laugh

Since #9 will be the tenth comic, I'm looking forward to it, too. smile Maybe after 25 or so, I'll look into setting up a little website for it, or something.

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sooooo, Lucy's daughter thinks that her mom slept with Superman? Awkward. lol (Yes, probably too young to think her theory through to that level.) I understand Lucy's wish to believe ALL people seen on tv are fictional. Let's hope that Lois and Clark held on to Dr. Friskin's phone number as their niece might need it someday. Oh, dear. Not a visit from Clark's dead relatives?! jawdrop

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
I love these. I went back and read most of them. You do a very good job on these. I really like them.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, Carrie! smile

Virginia - don't worry, I'm not planning to revisit the NK arc. wink Fun fact: the ship is copied from a screenshot of some TV show, though I darkened the pod and left the filigree off of the back fins.

I've been trying to build up the idea that, in this universe, Superman's existence is considered an urban legend: Plenty of people with friends whose cousins' roommates were witnesses, but no solid evidence. Back in the early golden age comics, he was much more mysterious figure, so I kinda want to play with that a little bit. smile

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 08/03/17 11:37 AM.

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww this is cute Queenie! Love it!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, Folc! Glad you like. smile

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
Kara on her way for a visit?

The "Related to Superman" thing is a bit like the "waiting for my letter from Hogwarts" thing - there must be a LOT of very disappointed kids!

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Marcus! wave

But in a way, isn't Superman *everyone's* cousin? wink Well, I guess not. :P

~•~
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Aww! I like how you draw Clark, he's cute smile

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, Talia! laugh

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
These are absolutely fabulous!! clap party

I went back to the beginning and read them through from the beginning. Twice!

I like that you tied the series into Superman #1. (I have a reprint of the comic and you captured that scene nicely.) I had been expecting a "God, if you get me out of this..." but I thought it was going to be in the space transport from LcN. To be honest, I liked what you did better.

Please keep making more of these. They are very fun.

BobB

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bobbart! I don't know how I didn't see your comment before, but it made my night! Thanks! wave

I do plan to make some more, but I don't know how long it'll take. I'll try to get another one up soon! smile

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I see you're consistently going with your Superman's-not-real bit. Am looking forward to getting the details on that one. After all, he's been around since Lois and Clark started dating, so two years? Maybe three?

I wonder how Susie decided she's related to Superman. And does that mean the New Ks are going to show up?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard