OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments?

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very interesting take on the romance.

I think Lois still has a secret or two that she hasn't shared with Clark, although if that's true, she will soon enough. I like the way you've painted her as being vulnerable and tough as an old boot all at once. And bringing in Henderson to be her contact in the PD is a nice touch. I wonder now if, when they go undercover as a married couple, they will decide not to end the "fake" marriage because it isn't "fake" anymore. And how much more trouble can Lois get into with only two parts left?

Wait, was that a silly question?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Nice moment between Lois and Sam. I like how she wanted the truth but wouldn't use her abilities to get it. I also love Lois' advantages in this story. Gives them some added help to find the missing Kryptonite too.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hey Terry. Thanks for your comments.
I like the way you've painted her as being vulnerable and tough as an old boot
I think most old boots have vulnerability that they hide, but Lois is particularly good at it.
And how much more trouble can Lois get into with only two parts left?
Wait, was that a silly question?
LOL! You've doomed her. Actually, I have two parts left to resolve the a-plot and then an epilogue. So there are 15 parts in total due to some mid-stream editing that added another chapter. Will it bother the gentle readers if I post a part 15 of 14?

Hi Jackie, thanks for your feedback. I'm glad the moment between Sam and Lois worked. I thought that with Ellen, Lucy, the Kent's, and Clark's influence on Alt-Lois's formative years, she would have those kinds of morals and convictions. She knows where the lines are.

As for the Kryptonite, RAFO. evil

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Star had called them the founding members of Club Weirdo.

Haha, this and "psycho-freak promise" crack me up. I love the friendship you've built between Star and Lois. One of the highlights of the story for me.

In response, Superman disappeared and reappeared carrying a long roll of heavy-duty foil. He accepted a pair of handcuffs from a bemused Inspector Henderson. “Be right back.”

And one of the more interesting captures that Superman has ever made, I'm sure. The mental image of this scene is great.

I'm glad that Lois's father wasn't as involved as Lois feared (even after all the crap he put her through).

Nice job again with the A-plot here smile

Onto part 13!

Tracey smile

Kerth
Kerth
Catching up! Slowly but surely. I loved this chapter! I can't believe still that Sam was in on things, but glad you at least absolved him of Ellen and Lucy's deaths. Looking forward to reading the rest!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard