Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
As in all of life, all good things must end - and so must the not-so-good things. Now that the tale is told, you can let me know how much you enjoyed it (or that you didn't) without fear of being avenged in virtual print.

I have a couple more tales in various stages of assembly, but I fear they will have to wait until I get healthier. Y'all don't get liver problems, okay? They're not a whole lot of fun. And they interfere with stuff (like writing L&C fanfic) that is a lot of fun.

See you on the boards soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
Fadeout to some sort of happy ending. Leaves me wondering if Lois ever goes back to journalism, and how hard it's going to be to shake off Intergang, but it's a good place to end.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Two years and people got through master's degrees? That is some good results.

What about Lois's parents? Has she been in touch with them? Apparently they weren't planning to help her post-release.

"anchoring her in reality and fantasy all at once"... beautiful phrase.

Time alone and in good company sounds like just the thing for Lois right now. But methinks the world better watch out once she's ready!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Truly, truly an awesome story. So glad you wrote it Terry and good luck with your health. It comes, it goes. Maybe good thoughts here will help. LnC stories have helped me a lot.
I really loved the space they kept between the two of them. That increased the tension in the story a lot.
Frankly I would like to see a follow-up where Lois and Clark finally do get together. Maybe think on that.
sincerely
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Terry,

I just started to catch up on my reading and this is one of the first stories I completed.

Much better than that one where Lois was an assassin.

I agree with Artemis, perhaps an epilogue part 2 where they actually do get together.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Kerth
Kerth
Wow.

So glad I asked about Cop!Clark stories and this cropped up. I just binge-read the whole thing, and let me tell you, this is an awesome story! Might be one of my all time favorites. I wish I had time to comment more thoroughly on each part, but I'll just sum up here.

I love the set up. Clark being a cop, Mayson trying to interest him in a relationship that just isn't there, Lois turning State's evidence on Lex (her husband of FIVE years shock )... All of it flows very seamlessly and makes for a fascinating premise. You had the characters down pat the whole time. I specifically appreciated the relationship you built between Nigel and Asabi-- the two didn't interact together very much in the show, but I 100% believe that they would be hostile towards each other like how you've painted them.

Any little bit of Clark using his powers made me smile, particularly when he stole the car. laugh Very funny and the subtleties of Clark using his powers on the job were very well established. Honestly, the biggest surprise for me throughout this story was that you had Lois do any time at all. Points for realism, of course, and for providing a twist I didn't see coming. But even so, you still gave a happy ending, with a potentially bright future for Lois and Clark. I'm even glad you left off here, as it leaves a lot to the imagination and yet you filled in some potential gaps, such as maybe Lois writing her memoirs, etc. Either way, I wouldn't be opposed to reading more in this little universe you've created, or if you wanted to let it rest here.

All in all, this was an awesome way to spend a slow, lazy, marginally-sick day! Definitely will be earmarking this for future reads.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Kerth
Kerth
Just finished reading your story. Let me tell you that I really enjoyed it. I loved how their relationship gradually deepened until Lois and Clark were able to trust each other and become friends. It was nice to see how they got along without the usual jealousy thrown into the mix.

Thanks for sharing.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Thanks Terry, I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I'm not familiar with the original story but as a L&C story it worked. I can definitely see this Lois vacillating between steely-eyed determination to follow through and defeatism.

Shallowford
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Thank you, Shallowford. I'm glad you found my four-year-old offering and enjoyed it. And thank you for your kind words. They make me smile.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard