Print Thread
#274683 04/02/17 02:46 AM
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
Being More Discreet

This was written for Fanfic Weekly Challenge #8.

You'd think that Clark would be better at keeping his own secret that he's been hiding his entire life.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! A challenge response. This was nice. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL! Beautiful. clap

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap What a great untwist. I love the thought of Samantha following them and STILL not finding anything. smile Thanks for giving Lois and Clark their brains back.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Never could understand why those two were so indiscreet during that episode. This makes much better sense.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Awesome

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah, this is one of those eps where you have the urge to chase them with a 2x4 to beat some common sense into them. Great untwist.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
As you know from my challenge (and my fic response to my challenge) I found it staggering how they behaved season 3 and 4 - but 3 being the worst.

They fought a lot in public -when he was Superman. I guess it made for a 'funny juxtaposition' but it was annoying to me, as a viewer.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Features Writer
Features Writer
What a simple yet elegant way to untwist that stupid plot! Well done!! clap thumbsup clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Perfect untwist! Those two were complete lunkheads during that episode. Makes me want to just slap some sense into them. This is so much more sensible. Thanks for taking up the challenge!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
I'm glad you guys liked it. I don't usually do short, quick stories, but this was fun (cathartic, maybe?) to write. It really seemed like once Lois found out Clark was Superman, and especially after they got married, they got really sloppy with his identity.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard