Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
More on the beginning of the road trip. I wonder what will happen between the detective and the witness?

devilsplat or maybe shock or even rotflol?

I guess we'll find out.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
Well, it'll be interesting to see how this goes - apart from anything else, they'd probably want to put her into witness protection once the trial is over, which would cause problems for the relationship.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A great instalment! I second Marcus's curiosity. At least, there are some already some very obvious differences with the movie (no train!) and I'm dying to know how this will develop!
I'm hooked, so please don't leave us to languish too long.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Road trips have a way of bring out the best and the worst in all of us. Still, Lois and Clark should begin to see good qualities they can bring out of each other. They've already made a start, it takes a lot of courage for Lois to speak out against her husband. Clark is worried about mistakes he's made in the past. Perhaps getting her to Colorado shall smooth over some of those wounds.

Only time will tell.

Oh, glad to see Mayson survived.

Last edited by Morgana; 03/22/17 04:46 AM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
You're making me want to take a road trip. smile Haven't seen the movie you referred to, so I don't have any preconceived notions of where the story has headed, but I already love that the banter we know between the characters has already started to creep in. What's the posting schedule? Or, feel free to just send me the whole story now...I'm already getting impatient. laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
It is a thousand thousand pardons I ask, most honored readers. A week ago today, I was in the surgical recovery unit at a local hospital (a scheduled knee replacement) and all things did not go as planned. I have been unable to respond to the sagacious comments above before now.

That having been said, let's get some author feedback.

Marcus, you're really looking ahead. Witness protection? I must mull over that. But recall that Lex' organization, unlike the real-life Mafia or Intergang of the L&C universe, is built on just one man holding all the power. Take out Lex and you take out much, if not all, the control and structure. What would be left would either scramble for that power or run away from a sinking ship. Assuming, of course, that we take that tack.

Millefeuilles, I'm glad you've seen the movie, so you'll have a guide to what's happening next and a built-in excuse to burst out in surprise when I go a different direction. I will try not to wait so long between parts again.

Morgana, I'm glad you're glad that Mayson didn't die. I hate to kill her off - she's such a fun monkey wrench to toss into the works. We'll see what, if any, personal healing takes place on this journey.

Groobie, you can't leave yet! The story's not done! I'd send you the whole story now, but only my wonderful betas have all of it. From their comments, I'd say they're satisfied with the outcome.

Next chapter up in moments!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard