Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
A/N – This story is inspired by the 1952 movie “The Narrow Margin,” which was shot almost entirely on a passenger train (real and stage set) and it is famous for having no music other than some overheard radio broadcasts and a smattering of records played on a portable phonograph. Even the opening credits had no music under them, just a series of locomotive noises. If you’d like to read about it, you can learn more at IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes (which gave the film a rare 100% rating) I tried to capture the tension and subtext in the movie, though the story line of my tale takes a somewhat different tone and direction. And it isn’t necessary to have watched this movie to understand or enjoy my latest tale. (Hope not, anyway.)

The toys start out somewhat bent, but they’re straighter and shinier by the end. Not perfect, but better.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
This looks awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it! One question though...Lois has olive skin? The description made me think it might be Mrs Cox before the name was verified.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Terry, using "The Narrow Margin" is an awesome idea! It's one of my favorite "film noir" and I'm dying of curiosity to read how you rewrote this masterpiece.

I must say this begins wonderfully... I won't say more in order not to spoil the fun for the readers, except that it would seems that you kept all the originals elements of the original script, policemen included. (Yipie)

Great banter at the beginning (Klaatu etc) and I really appreciate how you weaved Clark's and Mason's relationship into the story.

So there's no Superman, but Mason knows about Clark's abilities. Interesting twist in that AU.

I eagerly await the next instalment.

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
PuffyTiger, thanks for reading! Teri Hatcher's face and skin has always looked slightly Oriental to me, even more than Dean Cain's. I just like her slightly exotic appearance. Always have.

Millefeuilles, thanks for the kudos. I liked "The Narrow Margin" the first time I saw it, and it's grown on me. As far as rewriting it, we'll see that in the next chapter, coming up in moments.

Happy reading!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
Squee! A new story by Terry! Looking very forward to catching up on this. You always think through very creative plots and new twists to the L&C story. This is a great start! clap

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Starting this a bit late but I've been bitten. Looking forward to what comes next.

Shallowford

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard