Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#98873 01/21/14 09:46 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments? Questions? I couldn't beat the idea off. :p

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very cute and funny. I really enjoyed it, especially Lois’ reaction when Clark told her what happened.

It also reminded me of a story I’m currently working on where my character is pregnant and wakes her husband in the middle of the night to send him out for something she was craving, which made the story even more amusing to me.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Columnist
Columnist
Adorable!

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love the idea of Clark forgetting to change from his suit when he lands in Hong Kong to get groceries. thumbsup in my book. Cute story.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful story clap

Thanks!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Gasps of shock and recognition and ran through the people as he strode forward, crowds parting before him respectfully.
Pssst! Clark! You're still in the suit.

proceeding to order the long list of items that his very pregnant wife had requested.
That DOES constitute an emergency!

and now, on top of that, he had jeopardized his identity.
Well, unless his cell screams "I'm Clark Kent," I'm sure it's not that bad.

waving some money at the man.
Good thing he didn't pull out his credit card.

“I wish I could get some of the spicier stuff, but I guess this will have to do. What time is it there?”
Ugh. Pregnant heartburn is the worst.

“Clark Jerome Kent! Again?! You promised!”
Uh-oh! Someone's been hanging around Martha too much!

as he overheard her muttering about how she’d have to learn how to cook just to keep him from spilling his secret.
Ah-ha! His true motive for not spinning out of the suit!

Great little story, Mouse! Loved it.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

I
Blogger
Blogger
I
Hi. This story was cute. It made me smile. I agree with Virginia that Superman buying food is not that big a problem, but it still makes a funny image to see a superhero checking his phone as he waits in line to buy take-out.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This story made me chuckle! Superman on a checkout line is hilarious! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm sure the restaurant people wanted to keep him waiting as long as possible so there would be all that word-of-mouth about "Superman visits X Restaurant!"

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh! Shorty! I mean, story!
Gasps of shock and recognition and ran through the people as he strode forward, crowds parting before him respectfully.
Awww… he’s still a celebrity!

Clark was completely oblivious to all this as he looked over his list one last time before he suddenly found himself at the front of the line.
Pregnant Lois? Okay, I read someplace that Clark’s already married in this story, sooo…

Finally, deciding that Lois would be less likely to kill him for this slip up if he came bearing gifts of food,
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
smile1 very funny story.

I am not sure this was so bad, unless when he was ordering the things Clark said something like "these are for my very pregnant wife." That would have been bad.

John Pack Lambert
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks everyone for your comments! I think the general idea I had was less about how bad it was that Clark was going to reveal his identity this way and more that Superman was going to have a couple of PR problems. If Superman strolled up to my restaurant, you can bet that I'd be advertising that Superman flew around the world to eat there! :p

I don't have time to comment individually. In fact, I might have to take a break for a while... School's started back up. shock

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think the bigger issue is the cash. Where did Superman get money, since he doesn't charge for his services? A secret job, maybe? But that would mean a secret identity, since Superman doesn't pay taxes or have sla social security number. Or, he's illegally withholding money from the government. That's about the worst PR nightmare for him, I think, because it totally priez into his private life.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Take care Mouse. School takes a lot of work and concentration. Now get back to the books!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
smile1

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard