Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#94475 04/14/13 09:51 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Reviews, questions, comments, concerns about the general welfare of the public now that my bro is getting his permit... All go here, s'il vous plait! :p

[EDIT]: BTW, I submitted this one to the archives just *before* posting it here. I'm really gonna try to stay on top of it this time around... wink

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Cute story.

Given Clark's invulnerability (not to mention his generally laid-back personality), he is definitely the one who should be teaching her.

I had never before thought about the fact that a drawback of being Clark's child is that you can't even mumble under your breath to vent your feelings.

Thanks for the day brightener.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really cute!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap I feel your pain.

You'd think with her Kryptonian reflexes, Ella'd be able to brake when Lois yells "brake". laugh

I believe that Clark showed great restraint in not mentioning Lois's driving skill during this tirade.

Thanks for that chuckle. I love it when Lois is proved right, so simply and easily.

Good luck!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
You'd think with her Kryptonian reflexes, Ella'd be able to brake when Lois yells "brake".
I can just see Ella slamming on the break, forgetting to hold back on her Kryptonian strength and putting the break pedal and her foot through the firewall. wallbash

Cute story.

"You're better at this than I thought," she told him.
"At what?" Clark looked up at her quizzically.
"Dissembling."
"You didn't think I could lie?"
~ Sue s. FB
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, Mouse, this brings back memories. You can't teach someone you love to do something like this.
I think it depends on the people involved. My dad taught me to drive when I was 19 and it went fine. It was stick shift, too. Now, with a personality like Lois' involved, and add a teen with a similar one, I'm not surprised you'd run into problems.

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Glad everybody enjoyed! Thanks! blush

Lynn:
Given Clark's invulnerability (not to mention his generally laid-back personality), he is definitely the one who should be teaching her.
Agreed. In general, I don't think Lois should be the one teaching anyone to drive. :p

I had never before thought about the fact that a drawback of being Clark's child is that you can't even mumble under your breath to vent your feelings.
Once you start to go there, you can't help but wonder how many things superhearing would *not* be good for... particularly when it comes to a superpowered, hormonal teenager... clap Yes!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh yeah, memories aplenty. My folks just handed me over to a Driver's School.

Thanks for the laugh! laugh

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
rotflol
I loved it!!!
"So, how'd it go, honey?"

Clark grunted and turned back briefly. "Maybe Perry could teach her."
This takes me back. My son learned to drive in a car with an automatic transmission. A year later it was time for him to learn to drive a standard transmission.

I'm sure that we had discussions in our house very similar to this.

Bob

U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Absolutely brilliant ending. Just made my week so much better. Lois doesn't lack for confidence, does she?

(posted by VirginiaR)
I believe that Clark showed great restraint in not mentioning Lois's driving skill during this tirade.
Was Lois's driving really that bad? She only drove through a wall that once... smile

This story sure makes me wonder what my mom was thinking when she first started teaching me to drive... I know that the auto mechanic was a bit less than pleased with the state of our car's clutch at her next checkup!

--Ultra Lucille

Ultra Lucille
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mouse! help
PRANKSTER: Now, *that’s* what I call fun. /hands over remote control for Kent SUV to is sidekick/

"Ugh! You don't get it! You're putting too much pressure on me!"
Don’t sleep around. Don’t make headlines in some teen-pregnancy show. Don’t punch holes into walls. Don’t wear glowy jewelry if you don’t know where it’s from.

"Yeah? Well, you don't listen. When you are driving, especially just learning how to drive, I am the expert, okay?!
Well, she does only rarely crash her car involuntarily.

Ella groaned loudly and mumbled some coarse words under her breath.
Tsk Tsk Tsk

That got Clark's attention. "Excuse me?? I know you did not just say what I think you said."
*cuss word* Krytponian Dad. *cuss word* Krtyonian ears.

She would go drown her sorrows in her Justin Bieber CDs.
Oh my. Poor Clark.

Clark just shook his head. "Nothing." Off her arched eyebrow, he conceded, "She called you a name."
Mad Dog?

So bad that she's going to be stuck taking busses and taxis everywhere her whole life."
/points at open skies/

She simply held out her hand for her husband , waiting as patiently and neutrally as possible.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
and though he loved them both dearly, he valued his own life too much to allow their arguments to get too out of control,
clap

"I spilled some coffee. Oh, and by the way honey, Perry called while you were out. Said they've got a source in who will only talk to us and she's waiting. We've gotta head out."
Nice try, Clark. You get a cookie for trying.

"Yeah? Well, you don't listen. When you are driving, especially just learning how to drive, I am the expert, okay?! If I tell you to slow down, that doesn't mean take your own sweet time deciding whether or not you should take my advice. It's not the time for your own best judgment!"
laugh Let's hope Lois is a better driver than she was in canon...

"Excuse me?? I know you did not just say what I think you said."
Dads with super hearing. Yeesh! laugh

She would go drown her sorrows in her Justin Bieber CDs.
And now I feel horrible for Clark.

Clark grunted and turned back briefly. "Maybe Perry could teach her."
rotflol

Perfect! This is why I got my license at 25 and under the gentle teaching of my husband!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard