OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm pretty amazed that Clark is holding it together. I think part of what's helping him is the fact he's wearing the suit. He has programed himself that while in the suit he acts a certain way, and is able to push down his emotions better than when he's being himself (Clark).

I thought the inner debate on whether or not he was invading all these people's privacy was an interesting one. I personally would have thought he'd go with the though process that since he's not "really" looking at these people, merely observing the environs in which they're located, it wasn't "really" an invasion of privacy, since he didn't -- in fact -- care a wit about them. But, you're probably right, he'd find such thinking a compromise of his morals (and one of the reasons, I've always found alt-Clark much easier a character to work with than canon Clark, because of this blurring of the lines would be acceptible, I think, to him).

At first when he landed at the Daily Planet and went to talk to Jimmy, I thought he was going to reveal to Jimmy his secret identity. And, I was like clap Are you going to let us be privy to Perry's "push" on Superman? laugh

I'm glad Superman was honest with Bill Henderson about the person he wished the policeman to search for. I could see Henderson balking without that information. Did he really think that Lois and Clark were playing a joke on Superman? Really? That would be a cruel joke indeed.

I know that Clark can't scan the underground lead-lined areas, but he's acting like he can't go near them because they would hurt him (as if lead were Superman's new Kryptonite). I know that's not what he means, but that's what it sounds like when he says things like:

I'm conducting a search for a missing person and there are places that I can't look because they are lead lined.
He IS, in fact, able to look (as well as MPD) but he cannot look quickly and it would slow down his progress in searching for Lois elsewhere. Unless, of course, he means that because these locales are lead-lined, it's possible that the man who took Lois <<cough, cough>> Tempus <<cough>> might have hidden Kryptonite there to slow him down, or trap / kill him.

I'm sure that Bill accepts Superman's explanation on why Clark shouldn't be a suspect, but I'm less sure about Lucy, Ellen, and Sam's reaction.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK!

In order for him to examine the lead lined bunkers he would have to physically enter each one. The police can request entry and perhaps get more cooperation than even Superman. Lacking cooperation from the owner it would be breaking and entering. Besides, the police can field numerous teams and check a lot of locations at the same time where he would have to go one at a time and use up a lot of time doing it. It was better to let MPD handle the city while be expanded the search beyond the city limits.

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK!

In order for him to examine the lead lined bunkers he would have to physically enter each one. The police can request entry and perhaps get more cooperation than even Superman. Lacking cooperation from the owner it would be breaking and entering. Besides, the police can field numerous teams and check a lot of locations at the same time where he would have to go one at a time and use up a lot of time doing it. It was better to let MPD handle the city while be expanded the search beyond the city limits.
Yes, I understand that. I just meant the phrasing of Superman saying "I can't" sounded funny (off). I didn't think that some of those shelters might be privately owned.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Think about the bunker under Luthor Tower, that was privately owned.

BTW: I have changed the posting schedule for this story. It will be once a week on Wednesdays. If you note the heading you will see that I have changed it from 7 posts to ?. I have started adding chapters because I realized that even the expanded version was not expanded enough. shock

For those of you that like spice there will be some so be sure to check the nfic side occasionally. peep

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I look forward to seeing the remaining posts on this story.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thank you for your support and encouragement. It means a lot to me as does that which I receive from my other readers.

I am trying my best not to disappoint anyone. When all is said and done I think you will be pleased with the final package.

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi, Ken,

I like this part. It has a nice flow and structure. I like that Clark went to Jimmy for help and that Perry then got on Jimmy's case for not pumping Superman for more information.

I get the feeling that the emotional impact is still sort of on hold. Lois Virginia said, he seems to be holding it together well for now. He's being logical instead of emotional.

I'm looking forward to the next parts even though I expect them to be more than simply sad.

Bob

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by bobbart:
Lois Virginia...
Is this my new nickname? rotflol

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois Virginia...
Is this my new nickname?
rotflol That was supposed to say "Like Virginia said,..."

Bob

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois Virginia...
Is this my new nickname?
rotflol That was supposed to say "Like Virginia said,..."

Bob
Awww. Shucks. I kinda liked it. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, he is holding it together, however it is primarily do to the face that he has schooled himself for several years at this point that when he is In the Suit, he is Superman and has to act like it.

Once the Suit is off he can be Clark again and react as Clark, which is not saying that he isn't in an emotional turmoil at this time as evidenced by his initial willingness to breach the common citizen's privacy when he started the search. It was only when he stopped to think who he was at the time, Superman, that he settled back into the personna.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard