Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#81825 09/02/11 10:25 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
All comments welcome and appreciated! Plus, they earn you my eternal love! laugh

If you would like to hear the song, please click here.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#81826 09/02/11 11:53 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Vicki,

You need to change the marker to a blue arrow.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#81827 09/02/11 11:59 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Vicki,

You need to change the marker to a blue arrow.
Knew I forgot to doing something! Thanks! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#81828 09/02/11 07:40 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Wow! Normally, I don't go for fics that revolve around songs, or skip over that bit... but wow! whinging It was so beautiful (the lyrics and the story)! And so very fitting! I liked the mood of this piece very much. Clark's run through on how he feels everything his life(lives) has surmounted to seemed both accurate and well expressed. The last line, especially, was perfect. Excellent job!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#81829 09/02/11 07:49 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Wow! Normally, I don't go for fics that revolve around songs, or skip over that bit... but wow! whinging It was so beautiful (the lyrics and the story)! And so very fitting! I liked the mood of this piece very much. Clark's run through on how he feels everything his life(lives) has surmounted to seemed both accurate and well expressed. The last line, especially, was perfect. Excellent job!
Oddly enough, Mouse, I also usually don't go for fics that revolve around songs. But after listening to my "Beethoven's Last Night" cd for the nine bilionth time, I was just so struck by how well the lyrics to this one could match Clark.

Glad you enjoyed this fic. It was one of the hardest ones that I've ever written (in maintaining a link to the lyrics while keeping Clark totally in character). But it was one of the most rewarding because of the challenge.

I'm glad that the last line worked for you. smile

Thanks for reading and reviewing! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#81830 09/02/11 09:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What an excellent premise!

Clark's thoughts during (up to that point) the most trying night of his life. His fears about Lois marrying a monster, his concerns over whether it was right for him to have created Superman, considering the havoc it has wreaked on his private life. Finally his fear of Luthor being the one to adminster the last blow, ending his life.

Who would have thought he wondered if it was all worth it?

Yet despite it all, his deep and abiding love for a certain dark haired lady reporter came shining through.

Bravo!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#81831 09/03/11 08:02 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I'm not usually a song fic person either but you've done a nice job using small portions of the song through your piece.

Love the idea that Clark is willing to risk anything for Lois.

It's an interesting conflict - Clark wondering if creating Superman has made Clark insignificant.

I can't help but to think that if the birth of Superman made Clark's life insignificant in Lois' eyes, then Clark's life is worthless.
This is an insightful paragraph too:

Now, my life is reversed. Not long ago, it was the super side of me that was all alone. I hid that part of myself, fearing that I'd use my powers and have someone see it. And now, the super side of me no longer hides. As Superman, I can allow the world to see the powers that I posses. But Clark is all alone.
I like that you've addressed some of the darker emotions Clark might be feeling - especially under those circumstances. What makes Superman great is not that he doesn't have those emotions, but he is able to do what is right despite them.

Joan

#81832 09/03/11 10:17 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
What an excellent premise!

Clark's thoughts during (up to that point) the most trying night of his life. His fears about Lois marrying a monster, his concerns over whether it was right for him to have created Superman, considering the havoc it has wreaked on his private life. Finally his fear of Luthor being the one to adminster the last blow, ending his life.

Who would have thought he wondered if it was all worth it?

Yet despite it all, his deep and abiding love for a certain dark haired lady reporter came shining through.

Bravo!
Thank you very much Morgana! I was a little afraid when I first wrote this that the piece might be a little *too* dark. But then I thought, "well, this really is the worst night of Clark's life" and I knew that he probably really *was* in such a dark place. Glad that it worked for you! smile Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#81833 09/03/11 10:22 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
I'm not usually a song fic person either but you've done a nice job using small portions of the song through your piece.

Love the idea that Clark is willing to risk anything for Lois.

It's an interesting conflict - Clark wondering if creating Superman has made Clark insignificant.

I can't help but to think that if the birth of Superman made Clark's life insignificant in Lois' eyes, then Clark's life is worthless.
This is an insightful paragraph too:

Now, my life is reversed. Not long ago, it was the super side of me that was all alone. I hid that part of myself, fearing that I'd use my powers and have someone see it. And now, the super side of me no longer hides. As Superman, I can allow the world to see the powers that I posses. But Clark is all alone.
I like that you've addressed some of the darker emotions Clark might be feeling - especially under those circumstances. What makes Superman great is not that he doesn't have those emotions, but he is able to do what is right despite them.

Joan
Thank you Joan! I'm glad that you liked the darker tone/emotions of the piece. It's part of what makes Dean's Clark/Superman so human and so relatable. He does have (and readily shows) every human emotion. Thanks for reading and reviewing! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#81834 09/03/11 06:15 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You really cover every facet of Clark's and Superman's life and how each would be impacted should either one or both would disappear.

I'm glad you didn't forget the importance of Martha and Jonathan. If Superman disappeared, everyone would notice, but M&J would notice if Clark disappeared and they would make sure that he was never forgotten. They would go to Perry and even Lois to help them find their missing son. If Lois said that "oh, it's Clark, giving up and moving on again..." Martha and Jonathan would be there to correct her... of course, if she's married to Luthor their having access to her would be limited.

Like the others I liked how you showed Clark's discomfort that creating Superman made him (CK) feel insignificant, especially in Lois's eyes. If he only knew what was happening upstairs in Lois's mind before and during the wedding! laugh

But this line shows that Clark hasn't lost hope:
This is a job for Clark Kent.
clap Thank you for not ending on a depressing note!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#81835 09/03/11 06:51 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
You really cover every facet of Clark's and Superman's life and how each would be impacted should either one or both would disappear.

I'm glad you didn't forget the importance of Martha and Jonathan. If Superman disappeared, everyone would notice, but M&J would notice if Clark disappeared and they would make sure that he was never forgotten. They would go to Perry and even Lois to help them find their missing son. If Lois said that "oh, it's Clark, giving up and moving on again..." Martha and Jonathan would be there to correct her... of course, if she's married to Luthor their having access to her would be limited.

Like the others I liked how you showed Clark's discomfort that creating Superman made him (CK) feel insignificant, especially in Lois's eyes. If he only knew what was happening upstairs in Lois's mind before and during the wedding! laugh

But this line shows that Clark hasn't lost hope:
This is a job for Clark Kent.
clap Thank you for not ending on a depressing note!
You're very welcome! There was no way I was going to end this on a dark note though. Because he *does* get out of the cage and is able to get to Lois. And she *doesn't* marry Luthor. smile Besides, after asking my readers to follow me on this dark journey, I owed it to them to end this on a hopeful note.

I'm glad that you liked how Clark has reflected on both sides of who he is. And that his discomfort with being Superman (and how Lois views him as a result) worked for you. It was one of the things that I kind of noticed a few months ago when I watched the entire series again. It may not be shown prominently in the show, but there are little hints of it, I think.

But true - if only he knew what was going on in Lois' mind upstairs! If he'd heard her say "Lois Lane...Kent," he'd have broken free in a heartbeat! laugh (Once he picked up his jaw from off the floor and gotten his heartbeat into a regular pattern again.)

Glad you liked the small inclusions of Martha and Jonathan into the story. It would only be natural for his thoughts to turn to them, even when he's mostly focused on Lois.

Thanks for reading and for the review! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#81836 10/13/11 07:52 AM
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow- I've never heard that song before. This phrase so describes what I feel about my own life:
And what good is a life
That leaves nothing behind
Not a thought or a dream
That might echo in time

whinging

thanks!

rkn
#81837 10/13/11 08:52 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by rkn:
Wow- I've never heard that song before. This phrase so describes what I feel about my own life:
And what good is a life
That leaves nothing behind
Not a thought or a dream
That might echo in time

whinging
Awww! Big hugs to you!!!

{{{{rkn}}}}

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#81838 10/13/11 10:43 AM
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks- I think "Sociology of Aging" is getting to me. Good thing it is only an 8-week course!

thanks!

rkn
#81839 10/15/11 11:19 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by rkn:
Thanks- I think "Sociology of Aging" is getting to me. Good thing it is only an 8-week course!
Ah! I had to take "Death and Dying" in my senior year of high school for the religion requirement. That was a pretty depressing course too - only it lasted either all year long, or at least half the year (it's been a long time).

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard