Wanna get this part out before Irene hits, just in case I lose power. I'd hate to miss my appointed posting schedule.

Previously On Clarkus Maximus:

Lois knelt next to the time traveler, taking the gun away from his reach. She put it on the tiny square of a bedside table. Turning back to her old enemy, she helped Gabrielle to secure Tempus' hands behind his back. Gabrielle took the dagger that Xena had used to cut away Clark's armor and sliced the rope, then used the remainder to bind Tempus' feet. Once he was secured, Lois helped to prop him against a wall, then searched until she found the time window that he kept on himself. The crunch of plastic that Lois had heard had been the time window. It lay shattered in a thousand tiny pieces on the scuffed wooden floor.

"The time window!" Lois said to Clark. "He must have dropped it and stepped on it. It's broken."

"Then let's hope Autolycus was able to get the Chronos Stone," Xena's voice said from the doorway.

"Xena!" Gabrielle cried. "What took you so long?"

Xena closed the door behind her without answering. She settled into a chair, poured a tankard of water for herself, and took a long drink. Finally, she began to speak.

"I gave Tersius some career advice. Then I set all of his gladiators free. I would have been back sooner, but I promised Clark that I'd get Ren out of Rome. He's boarding a ship bound for Greece as we speak."

"And what about us?" Lois asked. "Shouldn't we be on that ship too?"

"The captain I spoke with had a full ship. It was all I could do to get Ren onboard. I've got another ship lined up for tomorrow afternoon."

"But what if the centurions find us before then?" Lois argued.

"Then I'll give them the same punishment that I gave their friends in the arena today." She turned to Clark. "What about you? Feeling any better?"

"A little," Clark said. "I think the antidote is working. I just wish it would work faster."

Xena let out a small laugh. "Impatient, huh?"

"You have no idea of the speed he's used to," Lois said quietly, but with a wink at Clark.

Xena glanced over at Tempus. The man was starting to come to, groggy moans escaping him.

"Nice work on him, by the way." Xena nodded in his direction.

Tempus pulled himself to complete alertness. He began to struggle against his bonds, but they held tight. His lips peeled back, baring his teeth in an almost feral snarl.

"This isn't over, Superman," he growled. He eyed the broken time window and laughed. "There's no escape this time. And, oh gee, Herb isn't here to save you either." He chuckled a bit, pleased with himself.

"We'll just see about that, now won't we?" Clark said calmly, arching his brows in Tempus' direction.

But Tempus wasn't through taunting Clark. "Tell me, Superman, how does it feel knowing that you'll never see your world again? To know that you'll never feel those powers of yours coursing through your body again? And please, oh please, tell me how it feels knowing that a woman had to save your life today, Superman."

"You're forgetting your history," Clark replied levelly. "This isn't the first time that my life has been in a woman's hands. Lois has saved my life on several occasions. So, to answer your question, I have no problem with Xena saving my life today. Because, unlike you, Tempus, I'm not threatened by strong women. I embrace the idea." Tempus opened his mouth to speak, but Clark cut him off with a sharp look. "You've been threatened by Lois all along, much more than by me. It's not through me that Utopia will come about. My ideals might be a part of Utopia's foundation, but it's through Lois that it will become a reality - through the children that she will bear."

Tempus was about to retort when there was a sound of hurried footsteps outside of the door, followed by frantic knocking. Xena unsheathed her sword and held it defensively before her as she threw open the door.

"Whoa! It's me, Xena! Is this how you greet all your friends?"

A smile broke over Xena's face and she eased the sword back into her scabbard . "Autolycus! What in Zeus' name are you doing here? I didn't expect to see you this early."

She ushered him into the room and shut the door behind him.

Autolycus smiled triumphantly and pulled a cone shaped, green crystal on a golden base out from beneath the fabric of his tunic. It seemed to glow with some inner light. Clark automatically shrank away. The stone had the same glow and hue as Kryptonite, though, of course, this stone was not the radioactive rock of his home planet. Clark laughed a little at himself as he registered the fact that this stone was not going to kill him. He was glad that no one seemed to have noticed his momentary discomfort in the stone's presence.

"Oh, didn't I tell you? I make house calls," Autolycus said with a smirk, in answer to Xena's question.

"The Chronos Stone!" Gabrielle breathed in awe.

"Nice work," Xena said approvingly.

"A simple matter. After all, I am the King of Thieves." He dragged his left index finger along his moustache as he spoke the title that he proudly bore. "In fact, I was disappointed with the lack of a challenge in retrieving it. Tripled security indeed! Anyway, I thought it would be easier to use it to find you rather than you trying to figure out where I'd be. Or at least, a lot faster. I tried Kratos first, but, well, obviously you weren't there. So I came to Rome. I must have checked six inns tonight looking for you. It wasn't easy. This place is crawling with centurions."

"Smart thinking," Xena nodded, smiling. "I owe you one."

"Actually, you owe me more than one," Autolycus retorted with a grin.

"Just put it on my tab," Xena said, good natured sarcasm dripping from her words. "So how does this thing work exactly?"

"It's quite simple, really. You kind of just think about where and when you want to go," Autolycus said with a shrug. "Touch the stone while doing so, and off you go."

"I don't believe this," Tempus complained.

Xena arched one eyebrow skeptically at Autolycus. She turned to Lois and Clark.

"Grab your things."

Lois quickly retrieved their few possessions from the saddle bags - really just her clothing, house keys (still in her pocket where she had left them), and Clark's glasses. Those she gave to her husband, then helped him out of his bed, letting him lean on her for support. He looked at her apologetically as he did so. As he stood there, he grabbed Tempus' s firearm from the side table where Lois had placed it.

"Give the stone to Lois," Xena instructed Autolycus.

The thief handed over the stone. Lois accepted it, albeit with a little apprehension. She didn't want to accidently use it before they were ready.

"And what about him?" Xena asked, nodding in Tempus' direction once more. "I could make an exception to my stance against gladiator traders if you wanted."

"Ah, poetic justice," Tempus said, daring Clark to accept Xena's offer.

"No. Get him to his feet," Clark said. "He's coming with us and back to prison where he belongs."

"How noble of you," Tempus spat.

"Okay, everyone grab hold of each other," Autolycus instructed. He put a hand on Xena's shoulder. "We need to be linked for the stone to take us all."

Clark still leaned on Lois to stand. Xena grabbed a hold of Tempus, her fist closed around the collar of his shirt. Lois glanced around, making sure that everyone was touching somehow. When she was satisfied, she concentrated on the house that she and Clark owned and on the day that they had been kidnapped. Worry tinged the edges of her thoughts like a dark haze. What if it didn't work? She closed her eyes and concentrated as hard as she could, until she could smell the strong aroma of freshly brewed coffee in their coffee maker. She imagined feeling the sunlight streaming in through their living room windows, forced herself to hear the faint ticking of the desk clock. A firm picture in mind, she touched the pointed tip of the Chronos Stone lightly with her fingers.

She felt, rather than saw, the walls of the inn falling away from her and the rest of the group. A tingling sensation raced along her body like a painless electric jolt. The sensation was brief, and after a moment, Lois felt brave enough to crack open one eye. She gasped and snapped both eyes open.

She was standing in the doorway between her living room and foyer. It was exactly as Lois had seen it in her mind's eye, the late afternoon sunlight filtering in through the large windows.

Against her, Clark swayed, the time travel drawing too much strength from him.

"Xena, help me get Clark into the sunlight," Lois said, handing Autolycus the Chronos Stone.

Xena pushed Tempus into Gabrielle's waiting hands. Coming to Lois's other side, she looped Clark's arm about her shoulder and hooked her own arm about his waist. Together, they helped Clark into the living room and settled him onto the couch, directly in the middle of a sunny patch. Clark closed his eyes as he basked in the light, a smile touching his lips as he felt the yellow sun of his own universe restoring his health and powers.

"What does sunlight have to do with anything?" Gabrielle asked, coming into the room behind them, and forcing Tempus along.

"Watch," Lois said, a genuine smile touching her lips and eyes. She removed the bandages from his wounds, exposing them to the open air and sunlight.

"You shouldn't..." Gabrielle began, but Lois cut her off.

"Trust me," Lois said softly.

Xena, Gabrielle, and Autolycus watched as the bruises on Clark's bare chest began to heal and fade. The gashes and bruises on his body vanished as the skin knit itself back together. His shoulder wound closed, leaving no trace behind. The look of pain and weakness that he'd borne was replaced by strength and vitality. His skin regained a healthy, rosy color, instead of the sickly ashen hue it had been moments prior.

"By the gods," Gabrielle breathed incredulously.

Lois only nodded, her smile wide and genuine. She did not take her eyes from Clark.

"This isn't fair," Tempus grumbled.

Xena silenced him with a swift punch to his gut. Tempus coughed as the wind was knocked from him.

"No one asked for your opinion," she said coldly.

After a few minutes, Clark's eyes opened. Lois saw with relief that he truly was himself once more. He grinned widely at her and Lois was glad to see that it was his old, familiar, heartwarming smile. Tempus frowned and gulped.

"Wait here," he said to Xena, Gabrielle, and Autolycus. "I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?" Gabrielle asked.

Clark glanced at Tempus. "I'm bringing him back to the Metropolis Institution for the Criminally Insane, where he belongs." There was renewed strength in his voice.

With that, he began to spin faster than the eye could follow. When he stopped, he was dressed in his super disguise. Autolycus raised his brows at the blue spandex suit and red cape. Clark chuckled at the reaction, then strode from the room. Fifteen seconds later he reappeared, the scruffy beard that he'd been sporting totally gone from his face. With no effort at all, Clark crumpled the gun that he had let fall on the couch cushions. He grabbed Tempus and marched the time traveler over to the window, then flew swiftly out of sight.

"Holy Hera," Autolycus muttered, his jaw hanging slack in shock. He went to the window and craned his neck to search the sky.

"Sweet mother of Zeus," Gabrielle said at the same time. "Are you sure he isn't a god?" she joked weakly to Lois.

Lois couldn't help but to let loose a small laugh. "Positive."

A few minutes later, a sonic boom rang out in the air above the Kents' house. A second after, Clark came down the stairs from the bedroom, dressed in a pair of kaki cargo shorts and a black muscle shirt.

"Tempus is safely back in prison," he announced, his eyes locked onto Lois'. "But get this. I ran into Detective Henderson. Tempus killed a couple of the guards when he broke out...my guess would be just for kicks. That was only six hours ago. You and I were only gone for about four, maybe five hours. It's still the same day that Tempus kidnapped us."

"I was thinking about that day when I used the stone," Lois said, eyeing the green rock in Autolycus' hand with renewed awe.

"Well, it worked," Clark grinned. He turned to Xena. "I don't know how to begin to thank you. I wish I could pay you back somehow. Would you stay for dinner, at the very least? I know it isn't much."

Xena shook her head. "No, but thanks for the offer. We'd better get going. Caesar's centurions are still looking for us. I'd hate to find out that they did something to Argo to try and draw me out."

Clark nodded in understanding. "I can't thank you enough for everything that you did for me...for keeping Lois safe and for saving my life in the arena."

"Don't mention it," Xena said with a smile. She leaned in and hugged Clark. "Take care of yourself."

"Gabrielle, thanks for everything." He hugged her as well. "You're a good friend."

"No problem," she assured him.

"Autolycus," Clark said, extending a hand to the thief. "You truly are the King of Thieves. Thanks for all of your help. We may have different views on things, but, well, you've earned my respect and gratitude."

"You're welcome," Autolycus said, grasping Clark about the forearm as they shook on their friendship. "And don't worry about the stone. I'll give it back. Thing's more trouble than it's worth, believe me."

Lois embraced Xena tightly. "Thank you for saving my husband," she said, swallowing around the lump that had formed in her throat. She said the same to Gabrielle as she hugged her.

Autolycus took her hand and kissed it lightly. This time, Clark did not glower at the bold move.

"Autolycus, thanks for getting the stone for us. We'd have never have gotten home if not for you. Thank you." Lois hugged the thief tightly.

Xena took the Chronos Stone from Autolycus' hands. Gabrielle and Autolycus put a hand on each of her shoulders. Xena focused on the time and place she wanted to be transported to. In a flash, the three were gone, leaving Lois and Clark alone once more.

"So," Clark said, gazing at his wife. "What now?"

Lois laughed and eyed her husband mischievously. "First, I'm going to get out of these ridiculous clothes and take a nice, hot shower. And then, you and I are going to enjoy our vacation for a change."

Clark beamed a smile at her. "I like the way you think."

With a graceful motion, he swept her off of her feet and carried her up the stairs to their bedroom.

The End.

Disclaimer: No fandoms were irrevocably damaged during the production of this fan fiction. However, the gladiator trade was irreparably harmed, although, just days after the completion of this story, Tersius's Discount Manure became a overnight success. The Chronos Stone was stretched to new limits, but placed safely back into storage for possible future forays. The author wishes to acknowledge that a long and healthy tradition of hysterical Xenaverse names and amusing disclaimers was upheld during the writing process.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon