Print Thread
#81548 08/20/11 06:39 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments are love smile1

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love that Clark is in Alexa's body during the stay at the clinic. It certainly puts an interesting spin on the Lois/memory arc from the show.

I'm creeped out right along with Clark as Deter tries to seduce her on their picnic. Deter may be subtle enough with a brain-damaged patient, but he's so obvious to us and to Clark (and Lois). Any chance that Lois and Clark will set him up on a sting so he'll lose his license to practice medicine?

And Mendenhall... Uh oh. It's good that Clark's superhearing allowed him to hear the hypnotizing words and the phone call, but not good that he actually lost a sense of time. So the programming actually worked? Will a super Lois be needing to stop Clark from carrying out his 'orders'?

I can't wait to see the next conversation between Clark and Lois.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“I really wanted a red bike. I got a yellow one. It was a silly thing to get upset about, I know.”

“And what makes you say that?”

Clark shrugged. “I just… it just seemed…” Clark put some excitement in his voice as though he had just realized something. “I remember that Christmas. I really do.”
wave

/starts putting up camp site/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I just got finished reading 'the sociopath next door' by Dr. Martha Stout and it's making me wonder if the original writers meant for Deter to be a bit of a sociopath - no conscience, but a frighteningly charming user/abuser.

Just a thought eek

Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Come to think of it, aren't most of the villians on LnC either sociopaths, psychopaths or plain criminally insane?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Some of them are just stupid. :rolleyes:

But yes, L&C, and DC in general, specializes in sociopathic villains - and heroes of questionable mental balance as well.

But Deter's a weird one - in part one of that arc, he's 'fallen' for Lois for no apparent reason and follows a very predictable pattern of isolating his victim from their normal support structure and forcing an excessive dependance on him - a pretty normal pattern for a psychological abuser.

But in part 2, he's following Lois & Clark around on an investigation, and while not exactly helpful, he's almost acting like he might actually care for her.

It's almost like the writers realized exactly how creepy Deter could get and they didn't really want to go all the way there.

And we never did find out why Deter would put his entire professional reputation at stake to 'fall' for the woman Lex Luthor kidnapped.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Huh... I just went and checked. The two parts have different writers, so I'll vote for 'personality transplant' huh

Michael, who has seen far more gruesome personality transplants due to different writers in fiction than that of Deter.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, I shall endeavor to avoid personality transplantation issues with Deter. Rest assured that Deter has an ulterior motive and it's not because Alexa's a leggy blonde. devil

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ulterior motive - I'm guessing money, somehow.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard