Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#81194 08/08/11 06:39 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
And you'd all thought I'd gotten lost in the ether.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
That was a really fascinating chapter. I'm glad to see this back.

I love it that Perry knows, or kind-of knows, but I get the feeling that Perry is assuming that Clark is in the body that saved him. That makes me chuckle.

I'm also curious about Lois' level of control. So is it a gender thing? Maybe I'm not remembering the details very clearly from earlier - were Superman's powers transferred before a soul entered the body? If That's an interesting thought - that the precision of control is associated with the superpowers, not the soul.

Come back with more soon, please.
B

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
The powers come with the body and require multiple biological systems (in my 'verse at least) to work well over the long-term. The fine control comes with having all the systems working properly together. Lane (Lois) and Alexa (Clark) have all the systems thanks to Mamba's genetic tinkering for his new body.

And I promise the next section won't take as long to get out.

Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! Another chapter!

And Perry knows more than he's telling (as usual.)

I hope that you'll let us know exactly what Perry knows, sometime.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part, delighted to see you back.

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/raises hand to add to chorus/

Lois spotted Jimmy cleaning out Clark’s desk. There was already a box on Lois’s desk. Her nameplate stuck out of the box at an angle, as though it was the last thing packed. She didn’t see Perry anywhere.
Poor Lois. Kept waiting for her to appropriate the nameplate.

“Let’s call what I’m about to tell you ‘deep background’,” she began.
clap

“I wasn’t the target,” Lois said. “Perry White was. Of course, that raises the questions of who wants him dead, and how they knew Mister White was here.”
What now? How did she reach *that* conclusion? And those are some great actors that got hired. Unless whomever hired them simply expected Perry to make a fuss and incite the wrath of a pair of particularly dimwitted brutes.

“Are you all right, Mister White?” Lois asked. “I saw that thug pull his gun on you.”

“I’m fine,” Perry answered. “But I know I shouldn’t be. How the Sam Hill that gun failed at just the right time… it was almost like…”
Umm... did you already tell us if Perry knows? ... okay, answered further down blush

“Still working on it,” Jimmy said. “I will say this, though. Mendenhall doesn’t live the lifestyle you’d expect of the head of a world famous hospital. Hasn’t taken a vacation in years, drives an old car, lives in an old house with two mortgages on it and not in one of the better neighborhoods.”
What's up with that?

“A man in my position doesn’t get to be a man in my position by just knowing how to yodel,” Perry said. “Why did you lie to the police, and why is Henderson letting you get away with it?”

“You don’t think Clark’s dead?”

“Oh, I know he’s dead. There’s no doubt of that. I’m just wondering why you told the police you saw him die when you can’t have.”
Okay, he knows something. But how much. If he actually knew all, he wouldn't talk about it at all in front of company. So...

“I admit, the Planet’s been on the mayor’s case for a while,” Perry said. “But I doubt she’d resort to actual murder.”
Okay, why do I suddenly suspect the mayor.

Part 16? grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'm pretty sure Jimmy was out of the room when Perry started asking Lois/Lane leading questions.
And did we ever actually find out who put the contract out on Perry in 'Forget Me Not'?
angel-devil

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Huh, I completely forgot about that. Don't know why, but the major thing stuck about the ARGH is Lois/Clone/Amnesia/Deter/ razz

huh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, I am trying to fix that as fast as I can. rotflol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard